Tinnitus

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi has anyone experienced tinnitus? Mine started about a year ago as a constant high pitched ring, I have seen a ENT doctor and he told me I have hearing loss in both ears at high frequency but offered me no solution. Some days it’s louder than others, but makes me very anxious 

X

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Caroline . I have tinnitus in the form of hearing my heart beat in one ear that started about year ago . I am so tired of these 66 plus symptoms that I am experiencing that I ignored this one and did not go to ENT. I was going from one doctor to another in a past two years for multiple screenings which basically came negative thank God . But I read on these forums and sepecially the one that says 66 symptoms that you can have while going through pre meno that tinnitus is very common . Hang in there . 
    • Posted

Some days I think I’m going crazy with all the different symptoms, I feel like I’ve had a total personality change,?I used to be confident and bubbly but now I’m a withdrawn emotional wreck with health anxiety, any kind of twinge or pain and I always think the worst x

• Posted

Hi caroline i am ti getting all sorts of symptoms i am post menapausal 5 and didnt suffer to much . Then all of a sudden boom i get anxierty depression mussels ache at the moment feel like i am going to have a period when i no i am not .

My doctors keep telling me i am depressed and gave me antidepressant this has set of bad healh anxiety . Like you i think the worst .

• Posted

I have the same.. started 18 months ago when the peri kicked in. Constant high pitched riming.. some days its worse.. usually when my heart rate and blood pressure are higher. I also developed another type of tinnitus after the flu a few months ago.. a bit like traffic noise . that now also comes and goes. Both will gradually disappear for a while then one ay you wake up and they are back. From what i have read it is common in Peri and menopause and is on the official list of symptoms.  There is nothing to be done about it other than live with it.  I try to always have some background noise  and that seems to drown it out for the most part. Even have the telly on low when i sleep .  It should settle with time.  Its not caused by damage .. i think that is just a coincidence .. its just part of peri and the adjustment our bodies are making at this time.

• Posted

My tinnitus is louder when I am anxious and my heart rate is up, when I’m relaxed I do forget about it for a while, I’m trying clary sage oil at the moment in a diffuser and on the soles of my feet and it may be a coincidence but I do feel a little calmer, do you have any tips for staying calm?
    • Posted

CBD oil smile if you are finding you are suffering with general anxiety due to menopause , health anxiety etc.  I find it works best in a vape pen. Been talking it now for a few months and i feel so much calmer, also great for weird headaches and general aches and pains.  

• Posted

Hi Carolyne. I am drinking sage leaves tea . Read that it was a research done and it somehow helps with meno symptoms . Also long walks helps a lot and exercise. I also have this tinnitus increased with anxiety . Have palpitations and as I mentioned all these nice 66 symptoms including burning in my body . But I know that it will pass . Once our body gets adjusted to loosing estrogen .  It just takes time . But human body has an amazing ability to get adjusted to almost everything . So we all are gonna be fine just takes forever . Hang in there . You are not alone .
    • Posted

I so agree with you. It is totally infuriating that so many health authorities will not prescribe cbd oil on prescription, so alot of people smoke weed but then get the unwanted and unpleasant side effects that it can give which ofcourse cbd doesnt give you. Why when a dr can give and get you totally dependant on morphine which I have been on for years but am weaning off because no pain relief anymore just physical need, yet the no high cannabis oil is prohibited. To me it is a no brainer. Cbd oils have proven themselves in tests that they can relieve anxiety and give relief from most types of chronic pain without addiction or side effects and the government have their own labs who grow medical grade cannabis to conduct tests on. Those tests have been very positive for patients with alot of very serious health issues such as MS and various auto immune disorders. It surely must also be cheaper than opiate drugs to produce. I'm sure that the powers that be simply dont want to rock the boat for the pharmacutical companies that manufacture the opiate drugs as obviously with opiates being addictive so much more per patient has to be provided so much more profit for the drugs companies! SO VERY WRONG! XXX

• Posted

Littleme - Thanks for this tip. Was thinking about it the other day for anxiety. Thanks for the reminder!
    • Posted

gema - Someone I ran into in the store yesterday told me to try sage leaf tea at night ( just make a tea out of regular sage leaf) to help sleep and not dream as much. I have really intense dreams that are actually annoying by now. Might try it for that too.He said it helps drop you down into really good sleep.
  • Posted

Try not to worry too much Caroline, changes to the five primary senses are common place. I get 'noise' in my ears all the time if that is of any comfort to you. Xxx

• Posted

Thanks Tina I don’t know about you but I feel like I’m the only woman I know suffering from all these terrible symptoms, it wasn’t until I found this group that I realised I not alone

X

• Posted

Glad that you have found us Caroline. And you are so right. I have met so many ladies all over the world, I am in UK but I've talked to women in US, Canada, China, Australia to name but a few. Whilst we may not share a country, and live in totally different worlds we all share one common thing. We all have to go through this process eventually no matter what so this forum gives us the playform to care and share which is so important especially to those ladies who are dealing with this alone. You are never alone if you come on here, there is always someone to talk to, to offer love, advice and support, so never ever feel alone hun because you are not. XXX

• Posted

I've suffered from tinnitus all my life and was diagnosed with moderate-severe hearing loss in my early 30s, completely unrelated to any peri symptoms.

While it's possible that your tinnitus might be peri related, if you've been found to have high-frequency hearing loss then this seems to me to be a symptom of aging that comes to us all at some stage, like needing reading glasses. If you were offered hearing aids by the ent people then do take them. I find that I don't get tinnitus when I'm wearing my aids, probably because I'm able to hear "normal" sounds rather than my brain making something up to fill the silence (although that might be just my theory), so I hope the same would work for you.

I also find that its a bit of a vicious circle, like so many things. It's worse when I'm anxious and hearing it makes me stressed which makes it worse. Do try to relax and not worry about it. I'm single and so I can get away with this, but sometimes I have music playing as I'm going off to sleep, so I hear that instead of the tinnitus.

• Edited

Hi Caroline, I started with tinnitus about 18 months ago. It is there constantly but is definitely worse when i get anxious about it.  When I'm busy at work I tend to not notice it as much but it can drive me mad (if I think about it too much) at night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.