Tinnitus only at certain places.. is it possible!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is it possible that you can only hear tinnitus on a certain places and only at night?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have tried everything over the last few years, I never noticed for the last year but last Sunday it came back again, so disappointed , I hate this thing 
  • Posted

Yes I have exactly the same problem, only in the dead of night, only in certain places. Heres a summary of my living situation and reports of tinnitus:

6 years in an inner city apartment - no signs of tinnitus

1 year in london in 4 different places, terrible nightly tinnitus, but only in one out of the 4 houses, none in the others

5 years in an apartment close by to the original apartment - no tinnitus

1 week during this 5 year period above, staying in a country town house, medium level tinnitus every night, mostly in 1 ear

1 month in a new suburban house - mild nightly issues in both ears

Some environmental factors I have considered it may be related to, in order of likelihood:

- mobile towers

- electrical fields

- satellite/cable providers (the apartments didnt have satellite/cable, the houses do)

- mold (difficult to measure this, but there is some material out there on this)

- lights, especially dimming lights (some bulbs buzz, others dont, but i still hear it when all lights are off)

- double glazed windows (opening windows only reduces the hum)

I would also love to explore further ideas about this phenomenon that truly appears to be environmental/location based, and steer clear of other generic tinnitus remedies.

• Posted

I am looking for d solution of this type of syndromes. Like hearing voices, music or any kind of radio freequencies even its quiet. Can't share it with people but I can feel some people have around they also suffering this. is this curse? or medical problem.

• Posted

I have encountered incidents where my tinnitus only acts up. It doesnt act up when I’m at home or anywhere else, but when I visit my friend’s house and enter his room, it acts up really badly(I don’t know what the cause is sad    ) And also it acts up when I’m sick, and trying to fall asleep.
  • Posted

Hello everyone. I am new here and would love some help. I have tinnitus for four years but i only hear it sometimes, and only at home or when i have been home recently. It’s a humming vibration that sounds like my eardrum vibrating. At night it is so loud it wakes me up. I have been to ENTs and had two MRIs revealing nothing. When i leave the house, I still hear it sometimes, but after a few hours away only fainter. After 24-48 hours away from home it dissappears completely, for example, if i am staying at a hotel. If i stay away for a week, i dont hear it the whole time. As soon as I get home, I start to hear it again. The mystery is mind boggling. Any ideas on what it could be? And yes, I have moved twice, and the tinitus follows me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.