Tired!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies

Im 15 days post op after a rectocele repair,ive had a really easy time,no pain just discomfort,however im always tired. I have been resting well but my husband thinks i should be able to do cart wheel by now,because he cant see the scars he thinks im fine now.

I dont want to go out shopping or walking around garden centers,i potter around the house cleaning,washing up and vacuuming. Its really depressing me that he calls me a couch potato. Its not helping that he keeps moaning all the time and telling me how much weight i have put on. I just feel so tired,i have always worked shifts and been quite active but now i have no energy at all x

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

First of all quit vacuuming. I'm an avid vacuumer 😆so I had to wait till at least 40+ days.even then I was suppose to do it. I am widowed and not married but have a boyfriend who lives with me. He was totally worthless as a caretaker. I apparently scheduled my surgery during hunting season. How could I? He expected me to do it all.

Needless to say I made him move out. Long story. That put more stress on me than the surgery. It's better now, but he will never ever live it down. I will never forget.

You must just sit back. I had a lot of help the first week with friends bringing food. I must say after that, I was ready for my own cooking.

I believe there are men that know how to help and those who want help. I personally blame their mothers. 😙 My husband was the same way, so I must just pick them.

Hold off for at least 6 wks. Let someone else vacuum, hire someone if you have to.

Take no prisoners, take no crap! This was the hardest surgery I've ever had. They just don't get it, but will someday. My husband told me when he was sick. "How can you take care of me when I never took care of you? I said because I vowed to in sickness and in health. He passed away 6 mos later.

Sad story yes, but I've learned to take care of myself. Stand your ground! Sit down!

• Posted

Ha ha Pam you are so funny. Ive already done in sickness and health bit when i came out of hospital on the Sunday and he told me he was going to work on the Monday,men!!!! He had alot of stick off his family and friends for that,i feel it was only out of embarrassment that he worked from home that week x
  • Posted

It is way too soon for you to be doing any of that ! Like some of the others have said - 12 weeks on and I think I have hoovered twice !!! there was one week because of hubby away and kids having so much on the house literally did not get hoovered for nearly a week !!! It did make me rock in a corner lol but I survived ! As I have said in another post recently you have to put blinkers on and all you are focusing on is your recovery !! And use here to moan as we can all relate xx
    • Posted

Thanks Bunky,its so hard when im having visitors nearly everyday,hubby is too busy decorating when he comes home and it is him who is causing most of the mess! I dont want to ask my friends,they all work and have their own homes to look after,why should they clean up after my husband X
    • Posted

It's such a blessing to have this group of woman to share with!! Like I said before Tracy , you take it easy. No vacuuming ( hovering) it can wait. Reach out for help from your friends, they won't mind, really!! My church family and friends brought me and hubby meals for 10 days, when I came out of hospital, that really, really helped. Ask for help please!! Don't overpack your suitcase even if you are pulling, the train ride will be enough for you. Please once you get there put your feet up and be taken care of. Keep in touch with us!!
    • Posted

Thanks Diann,i was feeling really down earlier and straight away i got the support i needed from the lovely ladies on this forum. Thankyou all,we are all fighting our own battle but united we stand <3 xxx>
    • Posted

Hi Tracy, hope you arrived safely. Men are soooo mardy aren't they. Hope yours never has prostate probs, it would probably kill him! lol frown Show him some of these posts he'll know what an idjut he is then. Enjoy your break with Mum and take it easy as long as necessary. Your body will tell you when it's ready for work. Three months min I reckon.

Best wishes, Pollyanna UK

• Posted

Thanks Pollyanna,he seems ok at the moment,maybe he is sexually frustrated ha ha. Im going to mums on Tuesday as its cheaper on the train then smile x
    • Posted

LOL twisted Frustrated and niggly? Your mum will take care of you I'm sure, she will understand what it's like! Enjoy being spoilt, you deserve it.

Pollyanna. razz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.