Tired of bv!!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anybody put a few things together like vitamins and gels and it got rid of ur bv? I have been fighting be for 2 years now and I have tried lots of things but I haven't put things together and used them and I have a smell I can't get rid of its so embarrassing and I can't get rid of it no matter what I do. I need help!!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey I actually have a remedy that cures my bv all the time. Have you heard of hibiclens? It's a topical antiseptic that people use to wash with before surgery. Pregnant women are told to use this when they have the strep bacterial infection in their vagina. Anyway, I create a douche. I don't measure but it's mostly likely one part hibiclens 4 parts water. This may sound like a weak solution but trust me hibiclens is potent. I also don't use the hibiclens brand I use the generic version at CVS. I use this douche twice in one day, once in the morning, and once at night. By the next day it's gone. If you have recurring BV you may want to try two days, whatever works for you. Good luck hon! 

• Posted

I just recently started using Metrogel 4 nights ago, I also started taking Vitamin C, Biotin, Probiotics and  Prebiotics with Cranberry every day. It has been super effective! The smell is completely gone sense the 1st night. 
    • Posted

Hey saj,

So the first time I ever had bv it was the worst smell ever like garbage juice. That was over four years ago. But after that wouldn't call it a fishy smell just an unpleasant one I really can't describe it. I just know I have Bv when the smell is off (I usually smell like nothing) and my discharge is grayish white and creamy. But to answer your question, no I don't have a fishy smell but it definitely DOES NOT smell good. I can even catch a glimpse of the smell when I stand up and sit down which is mortifying because if I can smell it so can others. 

• Posted

That's exactly my symptoms, how often do you use the hibiclens treatment?

• Posted

To treat the BV I only douche with it twice for one day. It goes away in one treatment. 
    • Posted

How much water do u dilute it with and how much hibiclens do u use
    • Posted

She said 4 parts water 1 part hibiclens.  I am using iron, acidolphilis, metro pills and gel (rx), and pro/pre biotics w/ cranberry.  The dr has me on the metro pills for 5 days and the gel 2 days a week for 16 weeks.  I also drink the apple cider vinegar.  

The reason I am doing all that is because bv bacteria comes from the gut.  My gastro dr said I have leaky gut and slow digestion which causes food to ferment in my intestine.  As such, the overgrowth is coming out of my vagina.  So, I am fixing the source for once and for all.  After 6 years, I am done playing with this.  

Oh by the way, I actually did the big PAP smear that tells you which bacteria is your real problem.  That makes it easier to cure when you know what you are fighting.  Good luck.

• Posted

The first time I tried it I did it twice in one day just to be on the safe side. I've only my used the douche one day. Because by the next day my discharge was normal again. The last time I used it I only douched once that day because I was too tired to make the douche at night but the next day my bv was gone as well. So my guess is that the hibiclens fixes your ph balance or at least kills off the bv bacteria. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.