tiredness on antripline

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all could someone help, ive been on 10mg amitriptyline for 6 days for

depression i feel its working but when does the tiredness stop i slept from 11pm to 7am and still feel tired does anyone have any advise plz

0 likes, 106 replies

106 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Up the dose myself as it was not working at all the pain in the hands started around xmas time while hands go numb at night starting to drop things too they don't know what it is had blood test all came back clear x
    • Posted

I hope they get to the bottom of it , have they ruled out ms? Im no doctor have ypu had a mri scan x
    • Posted

Nobody has said Ms it's the same symptoms with numbness and tingling do get blurry vision some times had reflex tests was ok it's a worry as it could be so many things x
    • Posted

Yes had mri scan came back with long standing disc disease DDD I think it's nerve damaged done a lot of reading up on it but what do I know lol xx
    • Posted

Blurred vision ive had a bit of that since been on amitriptine, sometimes i wonder if we know more than gps lol
  • Posted

Yes your right I had too push for a scan saw 7 Gps all said no only when I started getting numbness in legs I got it this has been going on since nov 14 my ribs started it all pain in ribs had the same problem few years back rushed too A&E thought I was having a heart attack breathing was hard x
    • Posted

Know that feeling hun, pushing them! I went through a

traumatic time went into depression gps seem to think you take a pill and your better, wish it was as easy as that, gps dont know hay x

• Posted

Think I suffer from depression mood swings etc was on pills years ago did nothing for me I cope now with music and playing the guitar been hard lately with the pain in hands but I try and cope my way x
    • Posted

Music is a great healer i love music :-) wow u play guitar i was tried to learn to play, i lovr live bands. Antripline is also a AD im also in ipt therpy really helps, pills arnt allways the answer, anyway how was your easter egg mm x
    • Posted

Not at good at it but I try lol it's a great way to relax half of its gone went online and got another one lol bigger lol lol I find music wonderful all types switch off and just listen mum's has it bad brother took his own life because of it it's a word I hate and not enough is done for people who suffer With it xx
    • Posted

Your right its an invisible illness, theres still shame about depression, i do feel its getting more reconised, it can be beaten im so sorry about your brother, i know alot about depression its triggers, there is a debate weither its in the genes or learnt behaviour, i go with learnt behaviour unless its serious mental health but that's my option lol no shame in it happens to 1 in 4 people but probley more there just the cases that are reported,men dont seem to seek help its nothing to be a shamed off, mm look at the time nearly food time lol x
    • Posted

Thank you x it's seems it younger people are getting it too which is a worry The world has changed and not for the better facebook social sites peer pressure on young people is massive x
    • Posted

Very true hun, many reasond for it that is deffo one of them, x
    • Posted

Yours not mine I'm reading a book lol x
    • Posted

wink you know everybody is reading into to this getting emails lol lol xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.