Tis the night before surgery...

Posted , 11 users are following.

smile

Second hip getting done tomorrow...reality kicking in.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Good Luck Mike mine is tomorrow too 1st one yikes!
  • Posted

Hi Mike, I got a call this morning canceling my op which should have been tomorrow after stressing for weeks I'm now so disappointed as I just want to get on with it. You get prepped and I wish you well for tomorrow, keep us posted with your recovery X

• Posted

Ann,

Sorry to hear about your postponement...there IS so much work in getting everything ready, that would be a bummer. But I'm a big believer in things happen for a reason, so let's hope the next date is the perfect date to get the best result.

• Posted

Well I lived to tell about it. Surgery seems to have gone really well, my legs are much closer to being the same length again.

But I do have a bad case of neausia from all the meds, so post op hadn't been a piece of cake. But I know this will pass.

Good luck Lulu!!!! Praying for you!

• Posted

So pleased it's over for you, wishing you a speedy recovery X

• Posted

Well done, sorry about your nausea...onwards and upwards!
    • Posted

dear yomike, 

checking in with you ... how was your first night post-op ? did they give you anything for the nausea? or maybe change the mediction?

feel better soon

big warmhug

renee

• Posted

So pleased it's over. Speedy recovery.

Hug Madla💗

• Posted

Just checking to see if your feeling any better your sickness, x
  • Posted

Believe it or not, I did the surgery as an out patient. Surgery was 6:30am, and I was out at 3pm. If it wasn't for the neusea I would have left earlier. One of the nurses said I looked green. 😃

So they ended up giving me a patch behind my ear, and that helped. It's now day 3 and no more problems.

I'm really sore waist to knee, but today was better than yesterday and I made hoping for that to continue. The waiting is the hardest part.

• Posted

You'll have to change your name to Clarke Kent to go through it as an outpatient is brilliant , hope you've got support at home and continue to recover quickly. X

• Posted

Yeah , I'm lucky and have my brother and his family close by and I'm staying at his place for a week. I'm a divorced Dad if a 10 year old who is staying with his Mom for the first two weeks.

My first one was at a proper hospital and I stayed over night. but I'm 54 and relatively healthy so they gave me the choice.

• Posted

Ann,

Do you have a new date set for your surgery?

• Posted

Wow as an outpatient that's amazing! Sorry to hear you felt sick it's not nice, glad to hear you have lots of help at home too, I was discharged this afternoon so pleased to be back home.

Good Luck with your recovery. smile

• Posted

There's no place like home...someone said a long time ago! I'm glad things went well for you, and everyday things do get a little better.

Day 2 - no neasea

Day 3 - managed a few steps started PT

Day 4 - feel stronger, operated leg can bear more weight, but still not full weight. Swelling is increasing...which is exactly when this happened last time, so no worries I know it's normal.

I always try to push it to the point of pain, flexibility/strength comes back slowly but surely

• Posted

Yes 11th July if my sleep apnea test comes back clear, had the repeat test done on Wed I should get the results on Monday. Hope your still progressing well Mike. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.