TKR

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had a TKR week ago yesterday, today I feeling shocking, I have not got out of bed, which I know is not good. I am not eating or drinking, I am trying to have sips. Has anyone else felt luke this a week post op

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Deb I am 5 weeks post op after second TKR. Other was 10 months ago. I found it was the strong pain killers that made me sick and nauseous. You can take anti sickness tabs ask your doctor. Also peppermint and ginger tea. I also think lack of sleep makes you feel ill. I wake every two hours. Keep going it is a long recovery and I think around 12 weeks I turned a corner. Keep talking to everyone on here, they kept me sane last time. 
  • Posted

Hi deb I too had a TKR a week ago today, hence answering your post at 3am! You must exercise even if it's just the ones to stop a DVT . Drink fluids and take regular meds and most importantly ICE I feel it is helping relieve swelling and pain.

our bodies are battered and bruised but we are on the road to recovery, eat little , often and what you fancy.. but you must drink fluids! I'm on lime and soda and it's very refreshing!! We have also just booked next years holiday it has given me a goal to work for! Walking on a beach without a stick sounds good to me!

i really hope you feel better soon and can start pottering about, if not please refer to GP or hospital where surgery was performed!

take care

• Posted

I am feeling so much better, I am still not eating much but drinking loads.

I am walking about every hour for about for about 10 minutes, I am also doing my exercises. I feel much brighter in myself.

I hope you are doing well, I think about taking my grandchildren out for walks alone the beach and walks in the country, having summer picnics, it is a great incentive .

• Posted

"I am walking about every hour for about for about 10 minutes..."

Progress is easily measured in steps, not in time or distance.  A pedometer, smart watch, etc. is a GREAT tool.  You can actually see how much better you are doing since the step counter shows your actual progress.  And when the data is graphed, seeing the upward trend line brings great joy and satisfaction.  I recommend one highly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.