TKR

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am 4 weeks post TKR, I had my first TKR 5 months to the day I had my second.

I am finding the second op so much harder my mood. Is low

wish I had not had the second one done so soon after the first.

I have to look after my 2 year old grandaughter twice a week, I don't think this helps , but I have to do it.so her parents can work I love having her but I have looked after her since 2 weeks post op. She is my beautiful little darling . I hope this makes some kind of sense.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 10 weeks since my knee arthroscopy, a simple procedure, turned into a nightmare.

i started PT late and I was doing just great and had a set back, my knee locks up when I fall asleep, excruciating pain , like having an MUA without the anthesia! So now I have to sleep in my metal brace. I have to take relaxer n pain pill to relax my whole leg at bed time. I have more pain, feel like my foot has rubber bands pulling, my scaticia nerve is painful, and my knee starting to feel numb. My ortho dr won’t see me until March 23rd. I keep doing my PT but I had to cut it down bc my leg is in pain. I feel so hopeless, I hope I make it to the 23rd. My heart goes out to you Deb. 

• Posted

My knee was bent at -45 extension and 90 flexion for almost 7 months before improving. When I was finally able to get my leg straight enough to start standing an walking, my leg would catch and lock in a bent position. At night if my leg was bent while sleeping, I had a great deal of difficulty straightening it and it was painful. However, I have noticed that the stronger my muscles are getting and the more mobile I am becoming, the catching and locking is less frequent, and when it does happen, I am able to straighten my leg faster. As a retired nurse, I have been experimenting with different positions, and trying to figure out what sets it off. The surgeon thinks there might be a bit of scar tissue left around the knee, but the fact I am able to straighten, bend and unlock it better each week makes me think it's a matter of developing the muscles. The other possibility is a chiropractic adjustment is needed to realign things so nerves aren't being pinched or aggravated. I have had one appointment so far and will go weekly until the locking stops. I am also going to start walking in a salt water pool as my right knee is weaker than the LTKR and I want to build up the muscles in that leg as well to get a head start before the next RTKR. I am taking magnesium supplements to promote muscle relaxation as 

• Posted

after my mri on the 23rd if my knee is ok, I will look for a chiro. I injured my knee 12/28/17 and covered under Workers Comp and they really taking care of me. 

Thank you, it sounds encouraging, I felt like i had such a set back after i was doing so good with my excercises, now I have to slow it down. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.