Tkr

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had tkr 3 weeks ago. Does anyone else have problem sitting or riding in car with legs hanging down. I can only keep them down 10-15 minutes and start getting pain. 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Linda, at 12 wks I still have a lot of swelling making it hard to bend my knee. So going to my doctors appoiment is so uncomfortable. Coming back home is even worst. So I so feel you. 

• Posted

Hi 

Yes when I had my TKR I had the same issue spent the first month mainly on my back or side in bed as this, icing and hot baths were my only way of having some pain relief.

As I had bought tickets to a race meeting with music for my wife. I tried to go in a wheelchair 10 days after my TKR even with drinking I only lasted 2 hours, with so much pain. Also evelating my leg as much as I could.

Your leg needs more time to heal, some are very lucky to sail through this.

More normal is 3 to 4 months with unlucky persons much longer,

Good healing

• Posted

Yes, that will get better. The pressure is almost unbearable keeping them down. I remember having that issue a lot. I would have to have my feet up most of the time. But that feeling will go away. 
    • Posted

Thanks I will be looking forward to the pain going away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.