TKR

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anyone, after having total knee replacement surgery experienced restless leg syndrome in the surgical leg?  I ache at night and I’m having trouble sleeping. I’m 5 weeks post op. 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have suffered from RLS for years and have found taking a combination of magnesium and vitamin e daily really helps. 
    • Posted

Thanks.  Tried a lot of RX meds for parkinsons and epilepsy in very mild dosages...nothing helped.  I take 1 mg Xanax right before bedtime...does the trick.  I'm on a Plexus regimen (lost 57 pounds) that contains magnesium.  I should add the Vit-E and see if I can lose the RX med.  Thanks...

• Posted

Wow - Chico - 57lbs, that's remarkable - how long did that take? And please tell me what this Plexus Regimen is and hopefully if it something I can find in the UK - I have put a shed load of pounds on in 5 months post op and doc says it's mainly due to the meds (and lack of exercise but I couldn't exercise before either) - I have stopped taking them now but the weight is not shifting.....I lost a few stone in preparatiion for my TKR and can't afford to put that all back on again but it's heading that way.....so look forward to hearing from you with my fingers crossed I can find it in London!

• Posted

Before and after...242 to 185.  Took 11 months...slowly but surely.  You mix a packet of their Slim in 12 oz. of water and drink it before breakfast.  That's it.  I also take their probiotic and gut cleanse stuff too.  Very regular.  Also helps with my blood sugar as a diabetic.  Use much less insulin now.  Have kept it off for 2 years.  Need to hit the gym to lose my last 10 pounds.  175 was my "hockey weight" for decades...would like that back at 70.  Google the company and email them...

• Posted

Will do thanks - you look great ! Good to put a face to a name too but I wont be putting any pics up any day now...lol x Thanks for all your support on this site...very benficial to many people I'm sure - you are a font of knoweldge and your words of wisdom have helped many - including me ! Thanks

• Posted

Suanne, I will be trying your recommendation with the magnesium and vitaminE.  Never had this problem until I had my TKR.  Hopefully this will help because trying to sleep is horrible right now. Thanks again.
  • Posted

Yes I have that too I find putting a heat pad on relaxes the muscles and nerves but again I think it's time that heals

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.