Tkr

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I'm just here to let anyone who's needs a second knee replacement and are putting it off, my experience. I had my 1st one done 18th months ago and had my 2nd one done 31st January this year. I kept putting my 2nd one off, saying, it's not as bad as my 1st knee. It was, I just wasn't looking forward to the recovery period. I decided on end of January/Feb so I could be off work during the winter. I know everyone's experiences are different but this time has been so easy. I've had no sticks since about week 4 and even then it was really for confidence I used them (only outside). I've been sleeping on my side or stomach since week 2-3. Since the moment my op was done and that arthritic pain had gone, I wished I hadn't waited so long.

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi , I had my left knee replacement 2yrs ago having my right done 19thJune. After the first i said never again but soon got over it. The pain i have with the right one can't wait to get it done. haha. Good luck Louise. x

• Posted

Susan, it's worth it in the end. I now wish I hadn't waited so long but you don't know till it happens do you. Good luck in June

• Posted

thanks for that. Like you the first one was awful and delaying second, this is reassuring.

• Posted

Kim, I'm not saying you'll be the same as me but I hope you are. I've bought my surgeon a thank you present because basically he's given me my legs back, I don't k ow how else to put it. It was the same surgeon both times and I can't thank him enough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.