TKR and Manipulation

Posted , 24 users are following.

I would like to know if there is anyone close to my location were we can get together at a Starbucks or Coffee beans and discuss the situation we are all in for better support. I am able to talk with others at therapy but most had only othoscopic sugary not TKR. If there is someone please let me know. I'm not trying to hit on anyone cause I'm married and very happy and she knows about this. This is the area were I live Oxnard California 93030. Ether way I will stay at this sight cause it has great friends willing to help others that are struggling with the same problem physical and emotionaly. I just retired from the Army so I have alot of time on my hand to use productively.

Thanks Manny

1 like, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Willdo......I'm in Queensland, Australia. The halfway point is Roto, Cook Islands....in the middle of the Pacific ocean......I don't know what the coffee's like there though but we could still have the chat. 
  • Posted

Manny, I live in Seal Beach, about an hour south of LA. I never go there because of the traffic, and u am15 weeks past TKR and had a MUA May 4th. I was 62 after TKR and with the help of manipulation and use of a JAS brace have gotten to 110. Wish I was closer, but I can just say manipulation has let me move forward. I continue to go to PT 3 times a week and use this brace. It has a ratchet in it to bring knee in so I have my own personal torture chamber device! Have any of you ever used one of these, and if so..,.whatcwas your experience.

By the way.,..you overseas guys made me spit out my coffee laughing today on this post planing your trips and our TLR reunion. Thanks you for the laughs! ❤️

Suzanne

• Posted

I mean TKR.....drugs must be kicking in as I am at PT!
  • Posted

Well Wildo I live in a small town in Georgia call Washinhton. I am one hour west of Augusta Ga. The place where the famous "Masters Golf Tournament takes place. I am l hour east of Athens Georgia. The home of the famous Georgia Bulldogs. The best thing about this forum, is you can ask and talk about your medical issues anytime. I am so glad I found it.

• Posted

I have to confess as I am feeling a bit of an interloper in this conversation...I had a TKR with synovectomy (and stuff), but the only manipulation I have experienced is from my ex husband. Do I need to get my coat?
  • Posted

Well I'm closer than a lot of you, but I'm still in Oregon which is quite a way from Oxnard :-(

There has to be someone from down there though.....

• Posted

I'd love to but I'm afraid it would be a long drive, as I'm in Pennsylvania. I do have relatives in CA though. This group is a hoot, isn't it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.