TKR IN 5 WEEKS - STERIOD INJECTION GOOD OR BAD?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi,

I am getting my first TKR in 5 weeks due to arthritis, im 32 and getting married next week and going on honeymoon etc and im wanting to have the best chance possible to last the whole day at wedding and also enjoy my holiday.

being so close to the surgery date, will doctors give me a steriod injection to knee?

any info is great thanks

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Okay everyone, thanks for your kind wishes and individual advice, I'll be speaking with the consultant this week for their advice on what's best for me.

Take care

• Posted

Beware of all steroids particularly at a young age they lead to osteoporosis in later life. Many sportsmen regret having them at an early age. Don't just have them willy nilly. I know one sports therapist who says you shouldn't have more than 2 in a lifetime. Sorree!
    • Posted

2 in a life time??

I'm screwed for when I'm old then lol

I went thru a period of having knees drained every fortnight then objected every month, did that for 18 months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.