TKR KNEE SPASMS AND LOCKING

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone I had my TKR less than 3 weeks ago I was managing fine but last couple of days my knee jerks upwards and locks twice when I was about to stand up and twice in bed although it only last a few seconds the pain is excruciating when it happens just wandering has anyone else experienced this

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Eileen

It seems that there is no end to the symptoms different people have after TKR. Not surprising when you think of what has been done to your leg! Don't worry it will all be well in the end & far better than the pain you had before the op.

Good luck with your rehab

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Thanks Marilyn I'm sure we will get there in the end and as you say it's got to be better than the pain we've been in for so long.

At the moment it's all trial and error with the medication I've decided to leave the morphine alone it was making me quite spaced out just taking co codamol now.

Thanks for the reply take care xxxx

• Posted

Urghhh! Morphine! I was on an intravenous morphine infuser when I came out of recovery! Never again! I do not understand why people take this stuff for 'fun'! I was certainly spaced out, fell asleep mid-sentence while my visitors were there! Couldn't keep anything down.

I am definitely NOT having that next time round!!!

Stick with the CoCodamol, I wish they'd given me that instead!

Good luck with your rehab.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

I went through his twice now. the other night 4am and it locked, it took 30 min to relax to straighten.

today, 2nd time i fell asleep and it locked up again and took 10 min to relax 

when locked it is excuiating pain. I called my clinic all they said was to ice, take pain meds and use my brace to sleep in! not much help 

i am afraid to sleep now. 

did you find out why this is happening? 

i have an appt with mynOrtho dr next week and will have to live in fear until then. 

i’m so discouraged bc no one seems to care if you are going through this daily nightmare 

• Posted

hi,

can i ask did you finally get your knee sorted? only i am going through the same problems now! its unbearable

• Posted

hi,

did you finally get your knee sorted, only my symptoms are the same as yours now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.