tkr may not happen

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm due to have a tkr tomorrow but now they have found I have a fractured spine so may not go ahead. At least someone has found out why I have such awful back pain but it;s a bit of a downer when I've psyched myself up for the op.

frown

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This may not happen in every case just some when the joint needs extra work to repair it.

Richard

Glad you feel better

• Posted

Well, it seems that it needed a lot of extra work. My consultant explained that it was a four hour op with a lot of blood loss due to the fact that he went into the old break in my tibula and took out the old bone. Not sure what is there now but I'll ask him when I see him next time. He says it should have been done years ago and then I wouldn't have had the trouble with my back and knee. Just hope that I straighten up ok. That's what he was really keen to see before he let me out. Walk like a policeman! That's what he wants so that's what I'll give him.
  • Posted

Walk like a policeman is just like a policeman is just what I try to do .. No point going through all this to still limp and bend over . Sometimes feel a bit silly but it. Is working .keep it up x
    • Posted

I realised that I was reverting to bending with not having a long ward to walk up and no bossy ward staff telling me off so now I'm telling myself off. A positive day today so please tell me to remember this if I go down again.
    • Posted

Well done, Carol! Keep up the straight walking! I feel a bit more positive today too. Felt more comfortable walking this afternoon - actually stood at checkout In a shop with little discomfort. Hope it keeps up. We need all the good days we can get 😊 x
    • Posted

Brilliant! i look forward to the day that I can go shopping again. And I hate shopping! lol
  • Posted

I told every one , tell me if I am bending over like my mum, and they did, sometimes you just don't realise . 
    • Posted

hiya pam, its hard for me, as i have spinal stenosis & bend over anyway. i do try my best to stand straight fot my exercises & think i am not doing to bad, lol.take care, julie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.