TKR post surgery Day 3

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey my fellow new knee family. Its day 3 post-op surgery. Had first PT session today, traded pain for gain. A few things that are working for me are: using Tylenol 650mg rather than opioid meds for pain. My believe is opioid meds while briefly easing pain, spread poison though out the body. Check the multitude of opioid side effects. I rather deal with higher pain for a short period, rather than long term issues from opioids. Eating extra fruits and vegetables along with drinking lots of water and a daily protein shake. Anyway, I am proceeding on my journey to pain free living. Bests regards and the Lord's blessings to my family. RJ

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Keep pushing forward, pain is something your body will definitely adjust to, no matter what pain meds you're taking. The most effective pain med won't touch getting your leg chopped off! Have you done any sort of easy swinging of the knee while seated on a higher chair?

• Posted

ptliveguy, your are 100% correct, the body will and does adjust to pain. Today is day 5 post-op and I am waddling about the house without any assistance. I will save leg swinging for another day. Thanks for the kind thoughts. RJ

• Posted

Jack, don't wander too much without some aid or be close to furniture if you are still taking opoids. It's nice to have the confidence to walk on your own. Your doing super. I'm looking forward to getting my staples out this week FORWARD!!

• Posted

I am also using pain patches - luminas which i found online before surgery and gave used them for other pain. NO meds just vitamins and minerals-check it out. I'm finding ways to cope. Getting off opiods is the goal. Since my husband has to drive down to Atlanta to pick up the script, I want to spare him the 3 hr round trip! BEST WISHES & HEALING TO ALL

• Posted

K14697, this was a great day. No opioids since Thursday and I am pain free. I have some numbness in my calf, tightness around the implant, but that's it. I did a brief outside walk this morning to celebrate, yes I cheated, and used a walking cane. As I am finding, the body will adjust to pain and will compensate. IMO, using pain meds disrupts the bodies natural healing powers resulting in a longer painful recovery. Keep in touch. Regards, RJ

• Posted

I am also using pain patches - luminas which i found online before surgery and gave used them for other pain. NO meds just vitamins and minerals-check it out. I'm finding ways to cope. Getting off opiods is the goal. Since my husband has to drive down to Atlanta to pick up the script, I want to spare him the 3 hr round trip! BEST WISHES & HEALING TO ALL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.