Tn first signs

Posted , 10 users are following.

Did anyone get ear pressure pain that is constant or have a jaw infection due to a tooth that started this

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It destroys me saying this making it even more of a unberabke reality

Progress today my docters says I got this from ,6 failed in a row dental blocks at a high dose

There are cases if this lits actually of causing tn I wasn't aware its a known risk

Lifr ruining dentist

All starred with a actually chipped tooth

Its 130 am here and all I can do is feel I've been given a death sentence

And I look at my babies and cry

The medications themselves are scary and the pain attacks I have to look forward to will kill me in itself

I already can't eat

I'm sorry to vent I hope I don't make anyone feel even lower I just feel alone and broken with doom filled emotions

• Posted

Hi Lauren,

I have constant pain under my teeth on right side. It started between my 2 back molars. I got one tooth root filled and other one pulled out. They never found anything wrong with my teeth. It made pain even worse. I also had a MVD in May and they found some scar tissue on my nerve. They removed it, but I still have pain. I take a lot of pills! On worst days I even take opioids. Before getting sick in December 2015 I hated pills! I never took any. But now I have accepted that I have this condition and if pills make my life easier then I take them. You shouldn't think that medications are scary. If they help you then take them and be happy that they work. My biggest worry with medications is that I want kids. But you already have them, so lucky you.

I am only 26. I understand your stress and worries. I started to take antidepressants to keep me more calm. Antidepressants also help with nerve pain. Until beginning of August I cried all the time and wanted to kill myself. I had suicide in my mind all the time every day. I also felt like I was given a death sentence. But then I got over from my first shock and now I feel much better. I have accepted I have this disease and I try to find a way to live with it. I still have days when I am so sick of this pain, but I don't think about suicide anymore. Just know that this first shock will go over and then you see that there is a way to live. Plus you never know how long you will have it. There is a possibility that the nerve will heal.

I keep looking for treatments to keep my pain under control. I am planning to try Botox soon.

Are TN medications working for you? There are many other treatments also that can help.

Just know you are not alone. When I first came to this forum I felt really alone. But now I feel much better. Do you have a family member or a friend who supports you and understands?

I can give you my e-mail if you have some questions or you just want to write. I visit a psychologist to discuss my feelings and it has helped a lot. I also write down my feelings and worries, it helps to just get it out.

I send you a big hug and I wish you all the best!

• Posted

I never had any tooth pain untip I had ovaries removed, that was when I was still taking meds for both, meds for h.polari/pain meds for ovaries removal.

I was wondering if anyone on forum came down with a bad cold, some months b4 any of this TN started. I had a really awful cough and didn't go to the doctor. Caught it from a pregnant music teacher. I now blieve it was pneumonia. I was on OTC meds- 2treat it,

then I had colonospy/surcgery. No jaw pain but did have ear pain with cold.

God bless,

I am praying for all of us

• Posted

Hello,

First of all, you need not call yourself "stupid 1". We are in similar boats, just different sections. If indeed you have been diagnosed by a Qualified Oral and Facial Pain Doctor, or a qualified Neurologist, for this "monster" (that is what some of us call it), then they will set you up with a plan of attack for you, which suites your condition best.

No cold, but I believe in the possible "dental theory". Compression of the "monster nerve" by a vessel for sure.

I hope this helps.

God Bless,

Greg

• Posted

Greg66242,

Neurologist and neurosurgeon, separately stated that the nerve was laying on the largest artery and that was why I needed surgery.

I have no more shock any more @ this time, but I still have pain in my gums just not as bad as it was before.

The the tag name refers to LOL

God bless,

God bless you and keep you and give you peace

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.