TNR gone wrong 15 months 20 degrees crippled

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello all November 3 2016 I had a TNR at HSS in New York  and unfortunately it did not take, A manipulation done December 16 2016 which it didn't bend to what he wanted it.  The doctor kept blaming everything but him or the knee. It has been a grueling time for me and my family. all i wanted to do is better myself for my daughter and ride bikes with her.  Now I have contacted a highly recommended doctor for reconstruction but was turned down with no explanation. they can not find anything wrong but the films MRIs CT scans say not clear but mostly no loosening. I have complained from the beginning  something was wrong. I ended up being in the hospital for 8 days and begged to go home i couldn't even get up one stair. pain is unbearable  especially if i stumble and it get caught the pain is horrible. There is much more to the story with this doctor i can write a book but bottom line is i am trying to find a reconstruction Dr. But no hope so far recommendations gladly accepted and maybe if someone was in the same condition as i am. Greatly appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have read all the responses posted so far.  Oldfatguy (whose name makes me chuckle whenever I read it)  is right on target.   I see you are in New York.  Contact Columbia, NYU or one of the other universities that have quality med schools.  Mount Sinai is a teaching hospital.  Start making calls and look for a sports medicine practice.  I am in the Washington DC area and had a fantastic surgeon from an excellent Practice.  Go to the website for “Orthopedic Sports Medicine “. They are associated with Anne Arundel Medical Center. My surgeon was Dr Hoover.   Also, Johns Hopkins has an outstanding Medical school and their hospital is rated very highly.   University of Maryland Hospital and Med School are also in Baltimore.   The travel would be about 4 hours driving, but you can fly right to BWI airport in less than an hour.  Do not give up.,. 

Ellie

• Posted

Thank you for the info yes I wont be able to travel as i have a 10 year old and NYC was hard,  I will look into it and see what there reply is going to be . Yhank you very much for your time smile
  • Posted

oh poor thing.  this makes me sad.  and wonder about my knee.  5 weeks post op and still hurting badly, can't bend knee but just a little bit.  can't sleep.  i don't want a manipulation.  how horrible was that?  did you feel like you were starting from square on with it?

• Posted

Yes it sounds like your me, I know the manipulation wasn't bad and i was very upset to get it like 9 days before Christmas.  You are put to sleep.. I woke up in the middle of myn! That was fun,, NOT   Yes I did feel like i started again from step one, I had t do the machine which bent my knee that this was a pain,, I tried to make the best of it but it takes all your time up. It is frustrating!!  Let me know what happens with you. What exercises are you doing? Are you going to therapy? where did you have it done?  I never could sleep i was up at all hours. Right now take your pain meds before the pain and i know they really never take the pain away. And i tried so hard and it wasn't me, they still cant find out what went wrong. The doctor is a very confused pomp doctor sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.