To all my peri friends on here

Posted , 10 users are following.

So sorry i've not been answering back for what seems ages but proberly isnt. but i'v been having daily headaches from mild ones that i can cope with to intense ones that knock me for six.  I went out this morning for the first time in weeks to a big shopping freeport but had to come home cos the headache intensified, so another day sitting up with my eyes closed until it calms, i take paracetomol but they dont work. another day of my life is passing me bysad sorry feeling really down today i'v had these headaches for at least 5 or 6 weeks now. Anyone else like this? I so wanted to reply to many of your post that i relate to but my head wouldn't let me so ill do it another time.  I just said to my husband i'll just have a little chat to my peri friends then come off the computer but you know how it is i'll want to look if you've replied to me about your headaches.  Mine seem to vary from pain on the left side in my eye or on the bridge of my nose, my head feels its in a vice constantly and gets tighter, my jaw aches and sometimes my ears feel full.  sorry for the Sunday moan, hope you understand.  love to you all xx

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi anxious face 

sending you big hugs, sorry you having a bad time 

headaches are horrid 😫

try a solpadeine efferevescant for the headache ... ( codeine and paracetamol) 

may work better for you 

could this be related to the prolactinoma ... 

take care hun

jay xx

• Posted

hi jay, thanks for your kindness, yes thats one of the symptoms of having a prolactinoma, peri, being hypoglycemic.  

I'll have to ask the chemist if i can take solpadeine with my medicaion.  Will they upset my stomach cos everything seems to.  love to you jay x

• Posted

Hi Hun

yes best to check ... you do need something that works better though dont you.. cant suffer bad heads all the time like this ..

poor sausage 😥

jay xx

• Posted

So sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time. I can completely sympathise with you. It's souns so familiar to me. My pain is also daily and sounds very similar to yours. I hope you get some relief soonxx
  • Posted

Hi anxiousface....yes been having headaches for past two weeks and makes me lightheaded and shaky and out of body all over again....feel like my body is very heavy and may faint but never do....body very tense and just weak and tired...hate all this...been on motorcycle this weekend and that was a bit tense at times...lol. but love to ride and weather gunna change soon so wanted to go....hope you feel better soon....hugs and love
    • Posted

Thank you Jay, mooma, laurie, Taz and Kerryfor being so kind and replying and your kind words, i have just had a little cry.  Sory i cant reply individually but i dont want my headache to get any worse so not staying on for long.  Laurie i too feel my body is heavy and i could faint when standing, i'm just so tired of not feeling well everyday it just wears you out doesnt it. Kerry my IBS is always there but i can cope with it better than the headaches, had IBS for about 22yrs. Thank you for all your hugs, i do get comfort from you.  love to all xxx
  • Posted

Hi Anxiousface,

must be something in the air, I haven't been posting as I've been bad too, I've had headaches but the biggie is the IBS, I've been stuck to the loo...don't get to do much posting in there!. All this seems to be since my periods started up again after 6 months of no periods; Are you still  having yours? Maybe it's a hormonal blip. Big Hi to all the regulars hope it's been a good day girls;

• Posted

Headaches can be gastric in origin so not surprised going hand in hand
    • Posted

Wow didnt know that!!!Sorry didnt mean to chime in on your conversation but really didnt know that...Thanks for posting that!!!
    • Posted

didn't know that either, but it explains a lot
    • Posted

Hi Taz ... 

heres some interesting info below ... for those wondering if they have IBS or not .. 😳.  blimey think I must have it after all 

National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) positive diagnostic criteria for IBS

Patients must give at least a six-month history of either:

Abdominal pain or discomfort.

Bloating.

Change in bowel habit.

Consider positively diagnosing IBS only if abdominal pain is either relieved by defecation, or associated with altered bowel frequency or stool form; 

AND at least 2 of the following are present:

Altered passage of stool (straining, urgency, incomplete evacuation).

Abdominal bloating (women >men), distention tension or hardness.

Symptoms aggravated by eating.

Passage of mucus rectally.

Lethargy, nausea, backache and bladder symptoms may be used to support diagnosis.

• Posted

continued 

and.. yes Taz is right, it mentions headaches .. 😮

dehydration can cause head ache too ... 

Lethargy, nausea, backache and bladder symptoms may be used to support diagnosis.Further notes on IBS features

Most patients have abdominal pain and disordered bowel habit, continuous or intermittent.

This may be predominantly diarrhoea, predominantly constipation, or alternating between the two.

A 'morning rush' is common: patients feel the urgent need to defecate several times on getting up, during and after breakfast.

Symptoms are chronic, with remissions interrupted by relapses precipitated by stress or changes in bowel flora produced by antibiotics.

Symptoms may begin following an episode of gastroenteritis.

Around one in ten people with IBS believe their symptoms began in this way.

Diarrhoea tends to be the predominant symptom in this group.

Upper gastrointestinal symptoms may include nausea, heartburn, dysphagia, and early satiety.

Extra-intestinal symptoms such as **headaches and migraine, asthma, backache, lethargy, dyspareunia, urinary frequency, and urgency are more commonly reported by patients with IBS.

Psychological problems (anxiety and depression) are also more common.

jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.