To drink or not to drink coffee

Posted , 13 users are following.

The first thing my doctor said about my BPH was to stop drinking coffee.

It probably causes some swelling through irritation.

I got HoLEP, and no longer have BPH. What is the consensus for drinking coffee with regards to prostate?

Lately, information is coming out, that coffee reduces chance of cancer, and can contribute to a longer life.

I have seen an interview with urologist, Dr. Samadi,

and he recommends drinking coffee.

Other foods or drinks are pomegranate juice, green tee, processed tomatoes.

Anything else?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had Green Light Laser surgery that proved to be successful after several months of recovery. I was told coffee is a bladder irritant because it is highly acidic. They recommended either weak green tea or a low acidic coffee. I found Puroast Low Acidic House Blend on Amazon and have been drinking it ever since. I am tolerating it well, but like anything we ingest everyone is different in terms of reaction.
  • Posted

Nix the dairy.  
    • Posted

I could see, that dairy could cause colon cancer.

?I didn’t not drink milk, or ate yogurt in a long time, but good cheese can be too tempting.

Is there a suspect link to prostate cancer or PBH or prostatitis?

?Nobody talks about herbicides and pesticides in the fruit and vegetables.?Could HPV or something like that be responsible?

?So far everybody points finger at genes, and that is something that can't be changed.

• Posted

".. , that dairy could cause colon cancer. "

Where did you get that ? From what I've read, dairy is generally protective against colon cancer. Hank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.