To everybody with ammonia/rotten smell, a lot if discharge and bleaching of underweae

Posted , 12 users are following.

Those are not necessarily symptoms of bv!

I had all these symptoms but my test results always came back negative for every form of bv (also mycoplasma/ureaplasma etc)

After six months of searching my new doctor diagnosed me with ectropion of the cervix, it is actually pretty common and doesn't always cause symptoms unless it gets inflamed. This inflammation can be infectious (caused by bacteria) or non infectious. It can be a combination of both. You can have bv and cervicitis at the same time but you can have cervicitis without bv and the other way around.

In my case it was a non infectious cervicitis caused by inflamed ectropion (probably hormone related). My first symptoms:

Rotten smell

Watery discharge

After a while it got worse, discharge would just run down my legs and stain my bedsheets. It bleached my underwear. The smell varied between rotten and ammonia, cat pee like.

The treatment for non infectious cervicitis is not antibiotics!! Treatment is normally cauterization. A small surgical procedure done under local anesthesia. They remove the inflamed tissue so Healthy tissue can grow back.

After my surgery i got bv, that was treated with the right antibiotics (they are not the same for every organism!!!!!). My cervix healed, healty tissue grew back and now i am fine.

I pray to god i can help somebody with this info, i know how you feel...

And please get a GOOD DOCTOR that will check you for cervicitis and treats bacteria with the RIGHT antibiotics

Good luck to you all

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I wanted to update you with my experience since I dealt with bv and occasional yeast infections for more than a year. I finished my routine of suppositories and for the past month I have been reading a consistent measure of PH ranging from 3.8-4 in the morning and at night.

This is just an explanation of my routine but it has been the only method to work for me after trying so many other alternatives listed on this site I started with 1 week boric acid suppositories (bought online)inserted at night to break down the bio film.

I finished with the boric acid at night and added vaginal lactobacillus suppositories (bought at a european pharmacy, eco vag but there are other options out there) inserted in the morning to reestablish the good bacteria in my system.I also took folic acid and probiotics after my breakfast and a glass of water with 10 drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract (health store). I think this part is super important to clear bad bacteria in the gut.

In addition to this I have been running and drinking some kefir/kombucha during the day. I found that messing with any antibiotics, acv/yogurt/or hydrogen peroxide recipes, or other listed methods made me end up with a bad yeast infection or the bv would come back.

It was super helpful to use ph strips during this time to measure progress and noticed it after a few days. Now that my system seems to be rebalanced consistently for a month: there is no odor, no itch, no abnormal discharge, and no elevated ph. I stopped the accupuncture and the bv gels that helped temporarily. To note, I haven't had sex yet so I'm curious if it has completely cleared. I am going to continue to monitor once a month with my test trips but I'm glad that I'm finally feeling better. Good luck to all.

• Posted

Can you please tell me who your doctor is? I'm willing to travel.

• Posted

I’m sorry it took me so long to answer. I’m from Belgium. I will send you a private message. 
  • Posted

i hope to goodness this is the answer to my problem because i have had the implant out for years and have the same issue as this the exact same i have never found a cure and i hope this is it as it really ruins your life, i have actually washed black leggings and they look as though they have been bleached so this really makes alot of sense to me thankyou so much for posting this!!!!!
  • Posted

Stormy1 after your surgery did you smell a little hint of ammonia odor in your discharge???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.