Today I am 1 Year Sober!!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted for a while as I have other things going on at the moment, but just to see how everyone is getting on and also to share with you all that today, 11th July 2019, I am ONE YEAR SOBER and feel the need to share my news with you all!!

I've also been wondering does anyone know how Vicky64718 is getting on in rehab?

All the best

Claire xxx

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you all for your comments - it's so nice to read positive responses from people you don't even know!! My family don't really understand what a truly life changing journey trying to or giving up alcohol really is so I haven't told them I've managed a whole year.

So many many congratulations to all of you who have reached the winning post of abstinence and lots of lots of encouragement to carry on the down the daily path with all it's hurdles. I am thinking that the further I can travel down this path then the hurdles should get lower and fewer & far between.

To everyone who is thinking of or starting their journey, each step forward is a step in the right direction. There will be pot holes to fall down, hurdles you can't get over at the time, but the winning line is always there and ready to be reached, however long it takes.

So lots of love to everyone - I'm off to make my first cup of coffee and to start off down my 2nd year path......................................

All the best

Claire xxx

• Posted

Well done! I found the first few weeks and months quite hard. But it got easier as time went by. Deep breath and carry on into year two! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.