Today is 5 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm really down you guys. Today Is 5 weeks at 30mg. I moved up from 25 mg which I was taking inconsistently over the last year.I broke down crying at work twice, luckily it wasn't in front of my students. My mornings have been pretty bad. I really feel like I'm going backwards. I'm also insanely tired and I've lost my appetite again. I'm down Nearly 15 pounds. I'm not going into work for the next two days but I'm also scared to just sit in my thoughts. I'm really in a bad place. I thought I was seeing some progress but I'm not too sure now.

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

SOoo glad o came across this thread , I’m totally freaking out , gone up to 30mg this is my third week having been on a smaller amount for eleven years . I just need some reassurance . The last few days I could tell it was kicking in but today has reAched another level . I feel nothing at all , no emotions please tell me this is normal I don’t feel normal x
    • Posted

Is quite normal Tracy..a higher dose is like starting the process again..
    • Posted

Few months now I’ve been having ocd thoughts , can citrilapram help with this x
  • Posted

Hi Mylo, I'd say just stick in there with them and make sure it is consistent. I've been on it a while now and found taking it at night before going to bed seemed to work better for me. Unlike you though I've put on a stone. Students can be little sods so I'm glad they didn't see you at a vulnerable point, even though a bunch of them will be in the same boat they can make life difficult.

Matt

• Posted

Yes celexa makes you crave carbohydrates..I gain 30pounds but recently lost 18pounds .. cutting all white carbohydrates..
    • Posted

Hi Leticia

I would say that I started to notice a difference after about a month and a half, where I just didn't seem to worry about stuff as much or overthink things all of the time. That said I've not really felt like myself for years but that is probably because I can't remember what it was like to be myself (with work stress and marriage issues I lost part of my identity, that I am now trying to rediscover).

Matt

• Posted

Hi Lois,

I've been on Citalopram for 2 and a half years now. Though if I think back I should have been on it a year earlier. That said I didn't realise what I was going through until I got to a point that I began to breakdown.

Matt

• Posted

So when you say you lost your identity .you mean before celexa..?
    • Posted

Hi lois, yes quite a long time before I started taking anti depressant medication.

Matt

• Posted

I was the same also..and thank goodness for celexa..it has me on an even keel..
    • Posted

Good morning yesterday was a good day for men. Had manageable anxiety. Question, did you feel like your depression lifted first then the anxiety? I don't feel as low but I still have a lot of anxious thoughts. 

• Posted

I feel the same way Matt. I wish I would have been on this immediately after my first panic attack. When you started to feel better did you feel the depression lift first then the anxiety?  I'm still having morning anxiety which is the worst. 

• Posted

Yes because depression feeds of off anxiety and vise versa..I would say depression lifted first..I was no longer crying..so I say yes..
    • Posted

Hi Mylo,

I'd say the depression lifted first and that made other aspects feel better. I took my tablet at night before I went to bed so it was usually the evening that I started to get the feelings of depression and anxiety creeping back in.

Matt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.