Today is my 3rd week taking Orlistat and the 3rd ...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, Today is my 3rd week taking Orlistat and the 3rd week of my calorie controlled diet. I went for my first weigh in at my doctor surgery and I had my doubts that there was no weight loss what so ever. So the moment of truth came and I stepped on the scales and to my utter astonishment I had lost 16lbs in just 3 weeks. I had cut down on what I had been eating, eg. no snacking, switching to sweetner not sugar, eating 3 meals aday and switching to semi skimmed milk. These arent drastic changes just small simple things that anybody could do. I don't go out everyday pounding the pavement or sweating my rear off at the gym, instead I have 3 small children and I just make sure I do the extra bits like I take the ironing upstairs oe we calea up toys together instead of making them do it. I also avoid lifts use stairs, or sometimes I walk an extra bus stop and spend 10 more minutes playin with the kids in the park. These thing are so simple and it all pays off and I would say it is all down to Orlistat. I take it with every meal dont eat too much fat and put in a little bit of effort. 3 weeks ago I weighed 105kg (16st 4lbs) now I weigh 97kg (15st 2lbs).

[i:f876b1c0aa]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f876b1c0aa]

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Almost everything has got some fat in it..Unless you are living on water and fruit

The idea is that you eat 10-15g fat per meal and Orlistat stops 30% of this entering your system..(you have to eat the fat to make them work..and you have to eat the fat to make your body work)

• Posted

HI

I have been to my Doctor today and he has given me orlistat, im sat reading all the Reviews on here.

I have about 10stone over weight, he has offered me a gastric bypass, which i dont want !!!

Soooo I would like to give these a go...Wish me luck wink x

• Posted

Ohh this thread is 4yrs old!!..

I am currently on Orlistat again and have lost 12lb in 9wks but thats eating well and going to the gym 3 times a week and swimming twice a week!..

I wish my doc had offerend my a gastric bypass!!

They are not a miracle cure you have to work to make them work..

• Posted

HIYA......

i HAVE BEEN ON A LOW FAT DIET FOR A WEEK, AND LOST 9 LB I HAVENT STARTED ORLISTAT YET, BIT SCARED OF THE BOWEL MIS-HAPS YOY CAN HAVE!!!

MY DOC OFFERED IT ME LAST MONTH AND I SAID NO, A FRIEND HAD ONE...OMG! NO WAY, NOT WHAT I WATCHED HER GO THROUGH....SHE LOST 15 STONE AND HAS MANAGED TO PUT ABOUT 10 BACK ON!

THANKS FOR RELPYING...KEEP ON TRUCKING XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.