Today's the day....

Posted , 11 users are following.

Today I'm going to stop my usual midweek drinking of a bottle per day. I've been doing this pretty much every day for 18 months and after a lovely Mothers Day out, drinking etc - today is th day! 

Question is, how do I go about helping y body recover inside and out from such heavy drinking? 

Thanks for your help guys :-)

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Vitamins and fluids...very important.

That is the treatment they give people in the hospital.

I find they don't necessarily make me feel better...but the body needs these things to eventually feel better!  Also if you can get your hands on some diazepam...this helps with the withdrawal...and is noticeable.

​i know when I was younger (I couldn't do this now, because i have random drug tests)...but smoking POT...helped my hangovers a GREAT deal.

​I don't know if POT is legal in the UK...it is in some areas of the US.

• Posted

No it isn't, but as long as it is for personal use, a blind eye is turned.
    • Posted

If only the UK would turn a blind eye. Myself, I tried it when I was a teenager and was sick, never did it again
  • Posted

Hot baths, chamomile tea with some honey, vitamin B1, C, niacin. Check with your doc first on supplements in case they have other opinions due to your specific symptoms and other MEDS you might take. Try not to eat lots of sugar but you can have some from fruit and occasional treat of dark chocolate since it has antioxidants. Greasy food isn't recommended even though you might crave it. Lean meats like chicken, turkey, lean ground beef with veggies (I like Asparagus to help with bloating.)

and high protein snacks like a good Greek yogurt, cheese sticks, almonds, etc. Alka Seltzer and chicken broth can help with nausea. I use ginger ale too (light). I know I mentioned chamomile tea-peppermint tea is good too. If you crave sugar, grab bananas and pineapple because they also help if you get constipated. There are good articles out there on what to eat to prevent bloating and there you can find the other best things to eat. Lastly, make sure your doc knows and someone is with you in case of severe withdrawals. If your doc can give you an anti-anxiety prescription I would recommend it for at least the first few weeks.

It's great you're reaching out for help. The things I mentioned were all recommended in detox help articles I've read and I got them ok'd by my doc.

Best to you!

• Posted

Hello Danielle. Just try lots of water, tea, juice and any liquid as well as lots of healthy food and just something which you enjoy. Do you have breaks of drinking?? Just wondering..Robin
    • Posted

Very rarely Robin but I've woke up today feeling great after not drinking since Sunday. I still feel super tired despite a great sleep and my body feels a bit achy but all good up to now and feeling positive 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.