Today was the day!

Posted , 11 users are following.

So today I had the surgery to have my scar tissue removed from my knee. It has been 8 months since my TKR and I still have pain and was having trouble with stairs. The Dr. was very happy with what he did. He said I had a lot of scar tissue. I am home and relxing now.  smile

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Please keep me up to do on how you are doing.  I am just a few days over 8 months from my tkr.  Think I am going to have to have scar tissue.  I am also dealing with tibial plateau fracture which happened about 7 weeks after my tkr and have elected to try to have it heal on its own.  Good luck to you.
    • Posted

I will keep you updated. You can always ask me questions if you want to 😁

• Posted

So, did you guys have scar tissue removed because you had limited range of motion? If so, what were your measurements of ROM??
  • Posted

Did you have an MUA before? It is hard to remember everyone's story!

?I hope it works out. At 10 wks I had MUA as bend restricted and the result was very good other than still have tightness and discomfort, feels like the remains of scar tissue are still floating in the knee and there are other bands of scarring. But they have not suggseted an firther action at 17 weeks. I can only do stairs one at a time but that was the case for several years anyway and other knee is not great, so I lack confidence, although it does not worry me unduly.

?Post back how you progress and I hope it is all good!

• Posted

Hi Cynthia, No I din't have one before. He said he trie to manulate but didn't get far because he was afraid he would break something. I had my TRK 8 months ago so maybe that is why it's harder to manulate. I 'm hoping with the bans of scar tissue he removed it will help me to bend better and do stairs better.I have to do PT agaon too. 

Good luck to you too. I hope you keep improving.

• Posted

Ah, thought I recalled something - good luck to you too, thanks!

• Posted

Stairs are novel...after avoiding them for several years, I am reminding myself to keep going up band down them to build up more strength. Do you have specific physio exercises to help, i.e. step ups maybe? I think our legs fall into dis use before the surgery!
    • Posted

One of the best things to do is to go up and down them, one foot per step.  I have 3 flights and about 10 weeks post 2nd TKR. Then go up or down without holding on with your hands.  You can do step ups, stepping from step.  Do on both legs.You can also do a side step.  Leading with right leg, bring both feet onto bottom step.  Return to starting positions, leading with right leg. Progression:  Starting on step, practice stepping DOWN from step.  Repeat 15 x 2 times per session.

Repeat 15 x 2 times per session.  Repeat leading with opposite leg.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.