Today was the day!

Posted , 11 users are following.

So today I had the surgery to have my scar tissue removed from my knee. It has been 8 months since my TKR and I still have pain and was having trouble with stairs. The Dr. was very happy with what he did. He said I had a lot of scar tissue. I am home and relxing now.  smile

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good for you. Hope things continue to go well for uou
  • Posted

Just saw your post. Sometimes the forum emails go to my junk file. Anyway, you sounded as if you were quite peppy. I was told time and again to do the exercises during my recovery to avoid scar tissue. I hope the ordeal wasn't too painful and once again on your way to be able to hop, skip and jump. Take your meds and read a trashy novel.

My best to you

Ellie

• Posted

Hello Kimmers

I had full rtkr in Dec 15.

19 months on my knee feels tight as my knee is still swollen.

I had MUA in March 16.

So fed up with the swelling. I dont believe I have an infection as knee doesnt feel hot or red etc.However doc gave me water tablets 3 weeks ago which hasn't reduced swelling.

I think it may be scar tissue but it doesnt restrict bend. Bend is about 120/130, never had a problem with straight leg.

Just so fed up with the swelling, there must be someone else here in Uk with same problem ?

Are you in UK?

Good luck with your knee

• Posted

Hi Janey,

I am in the US. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. I started PT today and lost some bend...now to 100 degrees. It was quite painful today. She told me that she can help me but it will take lots of determination and to be prepared for lots of pain. Did you do PT or are you doing it now? Sounds like something is up.

• Posted

Hi

?Apols in advance as  the site will not me type well. I am UK based,  had RTKR March 2016 and MUA at 10 weeks out due to scar tissue and poor bend.

?Bend is better but I have badly swollen knee still and the tightness in all the ligaments plus the numb area side of knee and nerve pains and odd sensations in that area. The x rays look ok.

?I know there is time for it to resolve in my case, but I just wanted to mention as you asked if anyone had similar.and many of my peer group with TKRs did not have these issues ven as long as me. I do have lipoedema of legs so they can be painful and swell anyway more than average, but my op leg is twice as swollen. There does not seem to be any protocol for dealing with these symptoms aside from the painkillers, ice, elevate, exercise routine, which make no difference I find.

?I'm going to a sports therapist but have missed come sessions due to separate illness o I will ask for their opinion again. The last time I asked was a few weeks back and they said, see how it goes for a week or two. 

?

• Posted

I have tried to post a reply but it has gone to moderator, not sure why as no websites or anything included! Lets see if it comes back!
    • Posted

Except for discussions containing meds, like references to Tylenol, they don't like people mentioning specific products, although some slip through.  Maybe that was it.

• Posted

Morning Kimmers,

Yes I have a good bend 120/130. I have had physio and I go to aqua swim twice a week, also I have an exercise pedal.

I do light gardening, housework etc so doing all the right things. The doc says I am just unlucky with the swelling; it just feel like a blood pressure cuff - tight but no pain. So back to docs next week to discuss ugh!!!

Regards

• Posted

Gosh Cynthia, I really hope they can offer you some insight into this for you!
    • Posted

I hope it gets better for you soon. Keep us updated hun!
    • Posted

It got posted but does not mention any products. Might be as it was not letting me type properly - all OK now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.