told i can stop warfarin 3 weeks earlier than end date?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed dvt in right calf due to birth control, I have a terrible time on warfarin from swelling of stomach and everything under my rib cage to sweating, nausea, fatigue and a lot more. I was trying to get a change in medication which was like pulling teeth and the last straw was to sit it out at dvt clinic where I wasn't originally sent due to being on a ward. Anyway I was told yesterday by the consultant I could stop my medication wasn't due to stop till 29th Oct so it's 3 weeks early to my 12 weeks. Obviously very glad and last night first night of not feeling as bad as I have. I am however a little baffled that 12 weeks turned into 9 with no follow up or even seeing me, just decided from reading my notes. Anyone else been told they could finish earlier than expected?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was also on the depo. So was also a combo of weight smoking depo etc. Lost weight etc. U don't have to remove all ur ovaries etc. Use the mirena its safe if u have blood clot risk. Im using it. Lasts 5 years. U can do the d-dimer at any blood testing place or through ur gp. 
    • Posted

Ur gynae will tell u about the mirena. Its like the loop. But better. And very. Very low risk for people like us. I put mine in may this year. No issues. Did a d-dimer today as i have leg pain. But clear. 0.18
    • Posted

Not sure what happened there, my mum had previously had breast cancer and then years later after finding she had the gene she had precancerous cells so had ovaries,fallopians removed and double masectomy. Looks like its the safest way.
    • Posted

Oh no. Goodness. Cant be nice. Well make sure to tell them u had a clot. So they can start u on clexane before and after op. Where do u live? 
    • Posted

I live in south africa. Have 2 kids 6yrs and 14yrs. Nice to know there are people out there who understand what we go through.  
    • Posted

Yes its nice to hear what everyone else is going through, gives you piece of mind your not alone. I lived in sunny SA when I was 8 till I was 11. In capetown, Claremont. Your kids are at a great age. I have one that's just 21, 17 and 9. They're great. 
    • Posted

I live in pretoria....very hot! Our maximum temp today was 35.5.....we melting. Lol.....but yes. Good to know we not alone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.