Tomorrow is my surgery please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am having my surgery tomorrow and I am super scared. I also have stomach problems pretty much nausea and cramps. I ve done all the tests and everyrhing is good, now I am thinking since I have tonsil stones and my tonsils get infected all the time I might be getting nausea from that. I was wondering if any of you felt the same? I have headaches and my nodes in my neck hurt even my eye feels puffy and painful. I can't live like this so they have to go. I am super super super scared after Inread all of your posts. I am not scared of pain I am sared that the pain meds will make my stomach feel worse. Do you guys have any advice??? I am terrified.

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

OMG people this is nightmare... Its my third day and all I want is just cry.. How do I stay positive?? Now my stomach and throat hurts ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
    • Posted

HAVE YOU GOT ANY FROZEN PEAS IN THE FREZER HOLD THEM TO YOUR THROAT HELP WITH PAIN .AND ANY SWELLING.ย 
    • Posted

Any sort of surgery to the mouth/throat will create alot of discomfort. It will settle down, time is what's needed. I have been there with mouth cancer. All that I can suggest is to contact either your GP or the hospital in question for advice. But what may help is soft ice cream to soothe the throat.
    • Posted

icecream used to be given after tonsil removedย 

but i was told that these days they make kids eat toast afterwards .

my son had his gullet stretched which left him with sore throat and even several years on he still gets soreness ย its along process

• Posted

Toast they must be crazy.. I barely can drink juice.. My doctor told me one of his previous patiant had burger after surgery. He must be nuts.. Serously how hungry you must be to do that. ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–
    • Posted

Some hospitals do give toast, but many give ice cream as it is more soothing and the coldness helps with the soreness as well as helping the patient to eat.
    • Posted

apparently being rough toast clears the throat after surgery .ย 

cant say i would relish the thought of it .cry

• Posted

I know this may sound daft, but when my throat gets sore I suck on frozen garden peas. Also with frozen peas you can have as many as you like, because when they defrost in your mouth then you can just eat them and they won't do any harm as they are cleaned before they process them.
  • Posted

One last suggestion is coke, as flat as possible. This will help settle the stomach and if it is slightly chilled this will also help soothe the throat.
    • Posted

Thanks Mark my friend had mouth C and he is helping me too ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. Only people who went through this understand the pain ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    • Posted

that right mark i find coke excellant for nausea and the coolness will sooth the trhroat
    • Posted

Coke is also good as a diuretic if drunk flat and also helps to get fluids into children that are off their food.
    • Posted

As your friend will know that during and after treatment for mouth cancer along with many other kinds of mouth discomfort, it's the matter of finding the right foods especially if you are looking for food with little seasonings as these kinds of foods can give you alot of pain.
    • Posted

I just ate some mash potato, and mashed sweet potato. My throat feels bit better but my stomach is burning. I think all that ice on empty stomach did some damage. I have sansative stomach anyway, and barely ever had cold drinks. Now I am really pain for it.
    • Posted

What is it exactly? Is a. Kind of indigestion?

If so the. Only thing that I can recommend is because of your throat and that's to suck slowly on the strongest peppermint possible or if you can tolerate it, 2.5ml of peppermint extract in a quarter of a cup of boiling water and drink it as hot as you can tolerate it. This will make you belch and release any trapped wind.

• Posted

Last year I had H pylori and ever since I have problems with my stomach. It just burns all the time. Too cold icy water makes it burn more, i am assuming gastritis after all of those antibiotics that I took. But anyway I had to remove tonsils since they would get infected at least 2 a month, all the time. I also had stones. It would make me even more nauseous ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. But I am doing better than I thought I wouldb at least so far. I know I have a long road until full recovery but every bit of improvement makes me happy.
    • Posted

All that I can suggest is to ask your GP/pharmacist, to see if Loperamide 2mg (Imodium) would help as this is a diuretic drug. But if you feel bloated, then the peppermint extract (2.5mg) in about quarter of a cup of boiling water will help. As I said before drink it as hot as you can tolerate it. This will relieve you of any trapped gases in stomach.
    • Posted

Its day 4 today and my throat feels much better. Yesterday was a really bad day. One of the worst. Well the only thing my stomach is burning, i usually drink ginger tea to calm it down. Do you guys think room tep. Ginger tea would be ok?

• Posted

no problem i find ginger ale works as well . it wont hurt anyway .glad your feeling better .cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.