Tomorrow is the big day

Posted , 21 users are following.

Well my forum friends tomorrow l go on for my 2nd hip replacement. At last l might get my life back soon😊. I am excited but scared at same time. I know what to expect at had left done on 9th dec so its fresh in my mind.

No more OA pain 🎉🎉🎉

Just recovery time and fingers crossed it goed as well as 1st one.

Thid forum has made such a diffrence to my recovery as you realise everyone is going through thr same as you and you can disguss and help other when you can. I have made a great friend from it and many other people have been so supportive and helpful. This will be my last post intil after my op. I have to be at hospital at 7am and theatre is at 8am so no time to sit and think.

See you all on the other side

Laura xxx

7 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thanks so much to you all for your kind words. Shaking like a leaf today no appetite. I wonder if l will sleep at all tonight lol x
  • Posted

Hey Lors..I will cross everything..oops no not allowed to cross legs...We will see you after your op......and continue to support you and maybe we can a smile or have a laugh at the funny things we end up doing post op.....I love this site it got me through this time you are now going through..

​Alice

• Posted

Good luck Laura!

We'll all be thinking of you tomorrow x

• Posted

Good luck...soon to be pain free!!!!
  • Posted

Best wishes from an 'about-to-become hippie' (I go in Friday). I echo all your thoughts about this forum; the generousity of thought and support of hippies is astounding. I find it astounding to hear how many of us have two THRs (I too will get a 2nd later this year) although I guess I should not be surprised with OA as the cause.

In any case ... I just wanted to add my new voice to the chorus of well-wishers and prayers for a thorough and speedy recovery to a sister hippie.    

• Posted

All the very best for you on your second Hip op tomorrow. I am 5 weeks post op. When they knocked me out, it was the best sleep i had had in 6 years, but one never knows it.  Keep us all up to date. I will know tomorrow night seeing my Surgeon if i have to back in again on Tuesday. Happy Valentines Day to you darling have a good evening x
  • Posted

Again thanks to you all your responce is overwhealming it just shows you we are all a big hippy family. I will try my best to post tomorrow after my oo dependimg if l am ok.

I also wish all of you that has threre hip replacement coming up or there appointments the best of luck to.

I will be a full blown hippy

Laura xx

• Posted

Wow that's a short turn around time. .Mine was 8.5 months. Best of luck and hope all goes well for you.
  • Posted

Well its 04.41 and l am getting up in less than 20 mins to get ready for the big day. My surgery is at 8am so l have to be at hospital for 7am. I woke at 4am at least l got a few hours sleep. I feel ready althogh l am terrified. Hopefully the last operation l need for a long time.

So l bid you all a fairwell and hopefully l will be well enough to post how l am doing later.

To my hip family talk to you all later xxxxx

• Posted

Dear Laura, 

Big day today - the wait is over - all is well -

good luck honey ....just surrender and have faith 

sending you light, love and healing

angel blessing

warm embrace

renee

• Posted

Sending prayers, hugs and positive thoughts your way - to you and your surgeon! This surgery WILL have an excellent outocome and then you get to teh good stuff ... welll not quite right away but you know what I mean.

Moving past the anxiety leading up to the 'event' to the 'hell, what have I done' part won't be great fun. BUT ... you will be so much better soon AND you get to finish planning your wedding - where you will be able to dance on your wedding day!

Wishing you every possible good outcome. 

Linda

• Posted

My aneasthiologist offered me adivan (sp?) to hlpe if anxiety got too bad on the big day. Perhaps yours is willing to do this as well ... worth asking. good luck.

L  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.