Tomorrow starts week 9 since the last 7.5

Posted , 10 users are following.

7+ years on 45 mg, + 1 year on 7.5, now 56 days off the stuff. The 56 days have been awful, and I am still not out of the woods yet. I f you are considering an antidepressant, pretend that this stuff doesn't exist. I know, some people swear by it, but my research indicates that more swear at it. I feel like I have had the worse case of the flu that you could have, for 8 weeks. The severity of the wd symptoms haven't been the same the whole time, but even the "good" days were bad, just good relative to horrible. To all of you who are thinking about withdrawing, or are in the process and fighting it with all your might, I wish you well. And if you have made the trip, I salute you! Take care, David

2 likes, 97 replies

97 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Are you doing ANY better, David? I think of you every day!! God Bless..

• Posted

Yes Kathy, I am better, but this good day / bad day stuff has it's own stress. I decided to keep a week to week post with my experience, both to share, and to use as a sort of diary for me. Since I am 61, I don't figure to feel well every day, and I am 8 years older than when I was put on this stuff, so that figures in as well. When I get to a 5 out of 7 good ones I'll figure I have made it through. Does that make sense? David
    • Posted

Sure does make sense, my friend. You are way stronger than you realize, having gone this far through living hell. I salute you!!!
    • Posted

Yep I salute you too David ...when I consider just how long you were taking Mirtazapine ..and the doses involved ..and the amount of days you've experienced withdrawal and the degree of that withdrawal ...I am truly in awe.

Here's hoping you go from strength to strength ...and consistently maintain a 5 out of 7 at the very least!

Best wishes, Karl

• Posted

Thank you Karl, I slept well last night, but woke weak and nauseated, so I guess I am still adjusting. I have some Phenergan that I can take for the nausea. Take Care, David
    • Posted

how you doing today David......your updates are so helpful...i think i am going to try get off this awful drug they doing nothing for me....lost all incentive to do anything at all....even leave my room that so cant be right can it!!!!.....good luck to you and everyone fighting this awful tablet
    • Posted

Lesley, I am still feeling awful most of the time. I am very fatigued, still have no appetite. I only eat because I know that I have to. I am worried that I may have some other health problem, although I have been to the hospital twice since starting this, and after tests they found nothing. I just feel generally sick. Too weak to do much of anything, and I am starting week 9. When will it end? I also have abdominal issues and daily nausea. My wife says that I am better, but I don't feel it. Thanks for your concern. Regards, David Oh, and I also have seasonal allergies which are bad right now as well. Itchy, burning, watery eyes, sneezing, coughing, frequent clearing my throat. Sorry to lay this on you, but I feel like crying again, and that is an awful feeling. I ask for prayers from you, and anyone who reads this.
    • Posted

David prayers coming at you from the uk...its mad that people think that u are doing better but inside you know that you are not very strange.....hopefully all these symptoms are coming off the demond merts....i think they might be and i pray that there is nothing wrong with you except withdrawal ..which itself is a bitch by the sounds of it...i do not know as i havent started to stop them yet...hating them eating like a horse and not tasting anything like an eating addiction..very self destructive...cant even get outside at the moment or face anyone which is a bitch!!....sending you positive light and prayers....hang in there mr..
    • Posted

Thank you Lesley! I would give you a great big hug if my arms could reach that far, but I send you one from my heart instead. David
    • Posted

and you are not laying anything on anyone we are all here to help as you have on many many occasions...believe.....take care
    • Posted

cheers David i would give you a big hug too from the uk...so sending you one from the heart........still in my pjs rotting but at least managed to have a visitor today...whats with the shakes eh....awful stuff....god blesss
    • Posted

gotta keep going even though i feel like giving up..i want the fun loving person back......doctors should think twice before giving you this awful stuff...i want offf sooonnnnnnn.....stay strong David....you are doing well an inspiration to us all over the world!!
    • Posted

Thank you Lesley, but I don't feel like much of an inspiration to anybody. I think that I should be through this by now. Making yourself eat when you are weak and nauseated is hard. I feel worthless, and a burden on my wife and family. I would have never thought that I would feel this way. I spent 31.5 years in the fire department helping others, and now I can't even help myself. I'm sorry, I'm just down right now, and questioning when, if ever, I will be David again.
    • Posted

Please try not to worry, I felt this this till the twelfth week,I know it's hard 

to believe that it is withdrawl,

take care 

• Posted

David I feel lousy ...have done for past 5days or so...

Words can't fully describe the level of torment ...

You aren't alone David my friend

Sorry for rambling

• Posted

Thank you so much. When you are suffering mentally or physically it is hard to not feel isolated and alone. You have nothing but pain and anxiety on your mind. My father says that when your mind starts to wander, it almost always wanders into the gutter, and today he is right. Fudgeybear, you are kind to take the time to try to help someone who is down. I guess I'll just keep trufging along. I used to think that I was a strong man, both physically and mentally. Not anymore. Thanks again for your kind thoughts, and for taking the time to send this. I took those pills, day after day, year after year, without having a clue that the chemicals that I was putting in my body were, to a degree, taking over my mind, and would fight to keep it should I decide to stop. David
    • Posted

You are not rambling, I am glad you consider me a friend. Your description of this mess is spot on. Karl, thanks so much for taking the time to send the reply. I don't need a doctor, I need a comrade in arms, well educated in the matter at hand. An education that only experience can provide. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, your friend, David
    • Posted

Twelve weeks of this? Fudgeybear you should be knighted by the queen. I feel almost at the end of my rope. I will have 4 more weeks, a month, if I follow what you went through.
    • Posted

You are stronger than you know.You've made it this far, David. I would've given in long before now. Don't underestimate yourself!!
    • Posted

david, you have provided support and kindness to the rest of us going through some tough times and i thank you for that.  you will be david again.  suzie
    • Posted

David you so are an inspiration by just doing what your are doing...believe......i guess we all feel like a burden on the ones we love especially when we were so independant....hey and will be again....you have helped people all your life in your career and you are still doing it now...believe......dont give up now.....hear me!!
    • Posted

Aw thank you David,but I m not alone,everyone is being brave,you are just as brave,when I was going through there were three other ladies on this site and it all took us roughly twleve weeks.You ve done the worst bit,the horrible feelings will get weaker as the days go by,I have stayed on this site because I always promised myself if I ever got through this hell,I would try and help anyone else going through it,because no doctor will believe that the withdrawl can last so long,but as we all know it can.

Be very proud of yourself,and you re doing a great job of helping others who are suffering.

take care 😊

• Posted

Hi fudgey n David, im one of the women who went off with fudge. We tried to hold each other together. If not for fudge and my group I would have gone back on because I had two doctor say mirt has no WD. Then I found this site and lo and behold, not only did they have WD , they had the same WD with different variations....get something for the nausea that way you take take one painful symptom out of the mix, either phenergan or zophran. Actually phenergan might be better because you are getting the antihistamine while calming the stomache. Mirt has a huge antihistamine block, doctors tend to forget that. Only AD with this from what I've read. So peice meal your symptoms and treat them if needed. The insomnia, your going to have to deal with unless the antihistamine helps you. Some it helps, others not. But for the most part if you get between 4/6  hours you are doing good. I was always waking at 2:30. Try not to get angry and be more nonchalant about it. Have a book, youtube ready but I would avoid TV unless it  comforts you. Obey  your body but try like hell to eat. When you find a spot in the day when you can eat. Go for it but don't overeat...lol I did that and it's back fires. So when that nausea does down. Eat something with protien. It could be beans or meat or chicken or nuts or even peanut butter crackers. Drink a gallon of water, if you can a day. Flush the toxins out. Don't worry about your mind, it will reset itself. ( I hope mine has to a certain degree!!) most of all come back here like you have been doing because if you know others have this than you know you aren't dreaming this up, then you know it's a do able thing. It is. One way out and that's to keep walking. Thank you fudgey you're the best! Also don't brow beat yourself about the way you went off i spoke with people who went cold turkey and others did liquids drops and guess what? We all ended up with the same crap. You either get WD real bad or you don't I guess but it's not as much to do with how you go off although I'd say weaning is the right way. I weaned through CITA, and I still got hit real hard. So one step. Keep a journal. Each day, one step away from mirt and then just keep going.i think it's ok to use other medications to bridge this WD but for me im not going back on another AD. It wasn't that great to have this much of a problem for so long. If I want a big WD, I want a drug that makes me feel like gold. I've never been into street drugs at all, nor will I ever but I would imagine from what I've read that it's easier to get off opioids than mirt. The nice part too is the doctors reconize the addiction and will help treat it. I got no help, nothing but I did get the anti nausea, and some megger benzo and that did help. Now not to get caught in this trap again is the contest. Good luck, you will get there......❤️
    • Posted

Rose, I was on it for 8 years as well. Your post was informative and well written. Thank you so much for sharing. We are all becoming a part of a club that takes dues that you don't want to pay. David
    • Posted

Hi Rose

I'm reading up on 'coming off' Mirt ~ can you tell me what the "megga benzo" that you took was and how it helped you please?

Thanks, and hope you all have a better day today.  Filthy rotten rainy day here in NG8, UK ~ never mind, sun will be out later.

• Posted

I see you too roughly 12 weeks. How bad were your symptoms at 9 weeks? I am still in a bad way, and can't metally or physically see a light at the end of the tunnel. It seems more like a hoop that I am going around and around on. I don't mean to seem weak, but I am sure feeling that way. David
    • Posted

I don't know what a mega benzo is but I think some work for some and others are not good for me . I tried Ativan once terrible. Clonipan did nothing xanax is the only one that helped me, it's quick for panic disorder. I guess mega would be in the dosage. I don't want to sleep all day and I live with anxiety all day and put up with it because I don't want to be addicted but ironically I was on it several years ago it worked but some knucklehead didn't want me to get addicted so insisted on taking me off for mirt! How funny is this? When I went off xanax I had no WD none never lost a step yet was put on a drug that caused me to lose my job go to the hospital three times and left my life in shambles had to have surgery for secondary disease and so those terrible bad benzodiazepines I know people abuse them I dont, I just take one so I don't end up at the hospital with tachycardia .... So much for health care. The one pill that helped me they took away against my better judgment and put me on crazy mirt. Before mirt I had a personality and a life! Not gonna let mirt break me tho because I'm stronger than that.... So mirt you lose and I'm going to win! 👅
    • Posted

WOW have you been to hell and back !!!  Did all the trouble start when you started to withdraw or before?  When you say you had to have surgery was that caused by Mirt too?

So sorry for your suffering Rose, it's been like a total car crash nightmare for you, I hope you can recover from this terrible ordeal and some day recover from the anxiety that plagues you too.  Don't ever give up with the self help ~ I can tell you are stronger for the torment you have endured, so no, Mirt' hasn't won - your miles ahead  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.