Tomorrow starts week 9 since the last 7.5

Posted , 10 users are following.

7+ years on 45 mg, + 1 year on 7.5, now 56 days off the stuff. The 56 days have been awful, and I am still not out of the woods yet. I f you are considering an antidepressant, pretend that this stuff doesn't exist. I know, some people swear by it, but my research indicates that more swear at it. I feel like I have had the worse case of the flu that you could have, for 8 weeks. The severity of the wd symptoms haven't been the same the whole time, but even the "good" days were bad, just good relative to horrible. To all of you who are thinking about withdrawing, or are in the process and fighting it with all your might, I wish you well. And if you have made the trip, I salute you! Take care, David

2 likes, 97 replies

97 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

yikes. why do they even start uson it
    • Posted

flipping drug corporates evil corporates feeding of us all sorry to but in but u got it in one David...........grrrr
    • Posted

Merck makes mirt Google it

they have a phone number for patients on mirt and complaints can email too!!!

Time to let them know how we really feel about their product billion dollar legal drug dealing &h/he@ds

• Posted

great message David sympathies to you on withdrawal but congrats for coming for so far.....some encouragement to us all suffering with this awful stuff...kind regards
    • Posted

Thank you, Lesley! The best to you as well! The manufacturers of this stuff should be required to build a hotel, with room service and counselors available, and group meetings for those who come off their "medication". You should be able to go there, free of charge, and stay until you are ready for a normal life again. What do you think? David
    • Posted

flipping brilliant idea...where do i sign up!!!.........spa and room service would be great!!
  • Posted

Hi David, gotta ask while you were taking it was it an effective AD? Did the problems occur when you decided to reduce? Many blessings and thank you for providing regular WD updates.
    • Posted

I really don't know. I was given the stuff to help with GI problems, which were making me a little depressed. It originally helped with the GI problems, as well as a good nights sleep. Believe it or not, I just kept re-filling the script, and the side effects were so gradual that I was in a bad way as a result, and for a long time didn't make the connection.
    • Posted

I have a slightly different tale to relate, in that mirtazapine was very successful in treating my depression and anxiety, when added to venlafaxine which was only partly doing the job. Side effects were few, and I was happy on it, but decided I should start withdrawal now I was better. THAT'S WHEN THE PROBLEMS STARTED! Withdrawal symptoms, after the tiniest of gradual reductions, which just got worse and worse, even after a week back on the 30mg. Hopefully they are now settling, but I'm in no hurry to try again! I'll stay on the mirtazapine, and try reducing the venlafaxine instead. I sometimes miss part of that dose by accident with no apparent Ill effects.
    • Posted

Pixie, my mother is on mirtazapine, and was on it before I was, which was over 8 years ago. She also takes Klonopin when needed. She is fine on them. Not long ago, she dropped from 45 to 30 with no problem, but she will probably be on them for the rest of her life. I came off them for a good reason, a needed reason. If someone is getting the clinical benefit that they are given the medicine for, then why put yourself through withdrawals, which may land you at the place you were that caused you to be given them to start with. I am sharing my experience for those in a similar position, for whatever reason. Best Wishes, David
    • Posted

Hi David. Well I've certainly learned from the experience to leave well alone. The psychiatrist had led me to believe that the withdrawal symptoms were actually the depression/anxiety coming back, but I now know that's not the case. When I tried a reduction I felt upbeat and unworried, I just got VERY ILL! All the best Pixie
    • Posted

And the best to you as well. I slept well last night, but woke nauseated and weak. But, I am getting there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.