Tongue burn

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I've been diagnosed with LPR for a while, as many know it's very unpleasant! On ocassion I seem to get what feels like a burned tongue, right in the middle towards the front. It looks like a red patch and feels like a mild burn. This familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I can so relate. It sounds like something I'm struggling with yet on top if the burn my tongue also has a horribly bitter taste and I'm going to check it out at hospital soon after I get my paycheck. Please go to a doctor asap. It may be that your symptoms have worsened.
    • Posted

I too get the bitter taste which is intolerable! I was on a double dose of lanzoprazole which did help the taste and the burning tongue, but now back to a single dose and its coming back. I also noticed that toothpaste made the taste worse! Try a few days with just water and see if it makes a difference! Does your tongue burn look red too? Isn't it a nightmare!
    • Posted

Yes gosh the toothpaste made it so much more worse -^-. I'm miserable. This has been going on for weeks and I can't even eat. And I'm so hungry but everytime I eat something the taste is just horrible. Tongue isn't red... yet but I have already had enough of this. Please go to the doctor and tell them what your symptoms are. I will do the same.
    • Posted

I've been many times, they don't care very much. My first symptoms were a lump in the throat feeling. After a scope at the ent and everything was OK they just don't seem interested. I will go back however
    • Posted

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. Same thing is happening here. And it sucks more than anything. I'm in South Africa. Where are you from?
    • Posted

I'm in the UK. Once they know it's nothing serious they just aren't interested
    • Posted

Now that is shocking. Are you in the public health system?
    • Posted

Same here. Gosh no wonder. It's just terrible. Sometimes I wonder if those doctors even know what they're doing
    • Posted

l,m taking 20m omprazole daily, kept symptoms of nausea bloating 90 percent settled, but niggly again recently, just bought nexium having run out of omp when chemist closed for days. My tongue does get the burn red and raw feel to it. nasty taste, yogurt soothes temporarily.   l guess some people on here are lucky in having interested and thorough gp,s. some are not, once the scan blood tests are ok, not life threatening, its carry on,  whilst even major symptoms dont bring that much concern, some getting out of chair and examining you an achievement, whilst affects on your lifestyle can be  fobbed off fliply.by some. l,m planning on changing docs and hoping to get a better gp..The nhs can be fantastic more so for emergencies, life threatening conditions, other than that l dont think gps as thorough, when l was growing up as soon as you went in they looked at your tongue say ahh, then eyes, took pulse, listened to your chest, then studied about it. Now more dependant on blood test and scans, which dont diagnose all. Good luck to all.

• Posted

I don't know if this will help anyone, but if I have a flair up, taking a low dose of valium seems to settle it down like magic. I'gt no idea on the mechanics but it works great for me.

I used to get and ugly taste in my mouth and surmissed it was from food in my gut not getting digested properly and so started taking a good probiotic from the refrigerated section of the health food store. Have had that taste sinse

• Posted

l think my gp would faint if l asked for vallium, theyre taboo for a lot of gps in uk  now, but do get amitrip which calms nerve endings, might help it. lve had probiotics, but need to keep up with using a good one, Glad its helped  you, all advice welcome. thanks
    • Posted

I shouted myself a $100 bottle of probiotics for Xmass smile

A few years ago doctors were giving valium like drugs out like lollies. My mum had a terrible lifelong addiction to them. They called them mothers little helper back then. But they aren't inherently evil, they're just a drug and if you're taking a low dose every so often then they aren't a problem. I believe that if a doctor can't offer a cure, or even tell you why you're sick, and you've found something that helps, then they're duty bound to help. God knows that they hand out some pretty toxic meds, so IMO they have no moral high ground here.

Sorry about all the typo errors in my previous post as I was in a big hurry. Re the probiotics, I meant to say that I haven't had that foul taste since taking them.

• Posted

j agree, lol, they go from one extreme to the other, must be a power  trip or something, but many buy into everything authoraties tell them, its abouit using your own judgement, at present its antibiotics, from mass use to oh no, lve known at least one who,s been refused them on grounds of it being a virus and turned out to be pneumonia, and theyve saved many lives, and valium have helped many through bad times, its about moderation and your own judgement, but its a nanny state. Your also right about toxins in many meds, often unavoidable if essential, but some wont be, and some die through side affects. When they couldnt wouldnt help me l even considered whacky backy, and l,m one of the few who,s never, but know some people with serious daily pain ms etc, whove gone down that path,  not advocating it for all, but some have decided when in constant pain, their choice,  sometimes youve to use your own judgement, some docs would tell you its phycalogical for ever, `rip l told you l was ill` Will try some more pro b, you made me laugh `ice lollies`good luck
    • Posted

Just had a post moderated for I suspect using the M word, so I'll try your wacky backy instead smile I use some wacky oil most night before bed to keep my gut calm and happy and it works. Heaps of stuff on the net about wacky backy and acid reflux.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.