Tonight programme on itv

Posted , 13 users are following.

Just watched a programme on itv the truth about menopause.

I cried all the way through it, not sure why.  Think it was hearing women talk about it and admit to having problems. 

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It was good to watch this last night.  I totally empathised with Michelle Heaton as I had a hysterectomy almost ten years ago when I was 40 & have never felt the same, her description of some days black cloud and some days sunshine was perfect although most days for the past twelve months have been black clouds to the point that I now struggle every day to get out of bed, im getting worse not better 😩

• Posted

Yes I too thought that was a good description by Michelle.

So sorry you are feeling bad. I hope you will find some tips for coping and getting through menopause on this forum. We all suffer differently but we are here for each other. It helps to talk about it.

• Posted

I agree Masie it was very good. My husband was eating his tea watching it. I'm so glad he watched it. He now knows that it is real. I know it didn't cover everything but that would take hours! It's a start and I bet it made a lot of ladies feel relieved.

• Posted

Hi Maisie,

ive just downloaded and watched this with my husband. Although fluffy in content I too cried! Found out a few weeks ago I was menopausal, didn't even occur to me until my GP changed my pill, and then had awful side effects! Now realise the old pill was masking the menopause symptoms, GP now put me back on them!! The programme was good as my husband has no idea about these things and is now asking questions! Also it has made me reasearch more, and made me realise why I feel so awful at times. So thanks ITV, not greatly helpful, but highlights for those who know little. 

• Posted

Hi Sonja, we are emotional aren't we! Hormones to blame, the ups and downs certainly give us some weird symptoms and we are all different so even harder to understand. It can be so confusing. It's good that your husband has more understanding now, even a little.

Hope you find some support and helpful tips on this forum.,

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.