too old for this?? :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

i have severe health anxiety but feel at 43 i should not be getting worse but i am

and i think a lot of people on here are younger than me, is anyone my age with anxiety on sertraline?

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am 45, anxiety leading to depression hit me out of nowhere 7 months ago, I had no history of this before, didn't really know what anxiety was but I know all about it now! x

• Posted

Anxiety knows no bounds when it comes to age. Don't worry.... you definitely are not alone here

.... i always wondered what it meant when ppl spoke of anxiety or panic attacks until it hit me hard this year....I'm 37... just out of the blue.... now i truly know and understand. So plz dont worry. Concentrate only on getting better.... you dont need another worry .... you just need to get better and take your meds.... they will help. Wish you the best.

• Posted

thank u i am trying, waiting for results of blood tests too that have not been quite right so feeling more worried anyway sad
    • Posted

Hi Natalie.

iv spoken to you before, 

Im 56 Health Anxiety doesn't care what age you are.

i started with it 18 months ago

when do you get your results?? 

• Posted

hello julie well doctor didn't want to retest for a a few more weeks but i am in such a state i'm getting them done tomorrow sad don't suppose u have any knowledge of things and n blood tests do u. My CRP has been 7 for over 2

months and i'm looking it up and it keeps saying could be cancer. I'm terrified it will be the same or even more after the test tomorrow. can't get a straight answer from anyone but all other blood levels are ok x

• Posted

Hi, I know it's hard but try not to stress. My CRP levels have been elevated all year. The CRP is an inflammatory marker, it just means you have inflammation somewhere in your body. It could be a simple respiratory virus. Its very common to have raised levels. Please try not to panic and I know it's hard but try not to consult Dr Google, it's really not helpful xx

• Posted

Bless you.

mine was high, and I googled it wrong thing to do. 

But I asked my gp worse case scenario wrong thing to do too.

by the time I got my second results I was too a wreck.

i suffer bad from acid reflux and the 2 weeks I was waiting to be re tested I had a stricked weeks on what I ate and drank plenty of water to have a flush out, I stopped smoking a few months ago and only drink no and again.

trying to help myself. 

Iv also just been reading the benefits of honey and cinnamon. Have a read.. Google self help things not looking up things that stress you more. 

We have all done that or we wouldn't be on here. 

Im sure you will be ok. 

By the end of the week you should get your results.

sending love and best wishes. 

• Posted

I also wanted to add your doctor probably wanted you to wait a couple of weeks to give whatever inflammation there is to settle down. You're levels will likely still be high if you test again too soon. Maybe ask your doctor about this before having another test again so soon.

• Posted

did u

have symptoms? i

didn't and it was just to check

it had come down after my cold weeks

before which wasn't even a bad cold!

• Posted

Sorry I carnt remember, but she wanted another doing so wasn't in the normal range, and also my liver was a high reading too. 

They both came back ok. There was also 2 weeks in between tests.

go to bed early tonight listen to some calming music and don't drink anything with caffeine in it for the rest of the day. Just drink water. 

You don't want to be having another test if you are stressed. 

Keep us all posted xx

• Posted

did u have symptoms julie as all i had was sweats and she wanted to make sure it had come down from before
    • Posted

sorry for all the questions and if i'm annoying u x

• Posted

if they was that concerned they would have sent to for further in depth tests by now Natalie, so please try not to worry to much and do the things i and others have suggested.

good luck and when you get the results let us know. 

• Posted

Your not annoying, your scared and I can understand where your coming from I was just the same, I try very hard not to worry about my health but some days I carnt cope and all I want to do is talk to people, a problem shared is a problem halved so they say. I had every symptom going. I used to right a list down of everyone of them to tell my doctor, but nothing seem to make sense on what I was suffering from. But I still think all my symptoms stemmed from my Acid Reflux and I think that's why my bloods showed up to have and infection due to the oesophagus being inflamed. But that has now left me with health anxiety and being on sertraline, which is helping. But now the gp want to change my HRT and that's causing me to be anxious.

and my next lot of sertraline is a different manufacturer and I'm trying to see if any other chemist have them. They don't really understand the worry that people go though who suffer from health anxiety, getting different meds is a big deal to me at the mo. 

• Posted

They were high, I don't recall the numbers. I had very bad pelvic pain. I ended up having surgery about 6 weeks ago and they found a lot of fluid behind my uterus, with no obvious cause. The fluid was tested and contained 'inflammatory cells' but nothing sinister. The inflammation in my pelvic area would have caused the high CRP. I have another check up today. If your doctors were at all concerned about cancer they would have sent you for many more tests. I know it's scary but please try not to stress. As you said, a cold can cause elevated CRP levels, I dare say your doctor is just being thorough. Let us know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.