Too scared to kill myself, how pathetic

Posted , 129 users are following.

That's it. I've had about all I can take from this miserable thing we call life. I'm sick of being depressed and having panic attacks.

I want to hang myself, don't ask me why that's my chosen method but it is but I have a death phobia so I'm too scared to do it and gave myself a panic attack instead.

That's irony in its finest form.

It's just not worth it anymore, nothing is.

My life's falling apart and I have absolutely zero will left to carry on this fight.

I'm done.

15 likes, 182 replies

182 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi,

If you are having suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

If you are based outside of the UK.

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but they also have suggestions for how you can access help in other countries.

Please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

Patient

• Edited

why would a beautiful girl like you want to kill yourself? there is much more to life. you just have to go out there and find it.
    • Edited

what does looks have ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT!! Danniel1989 i know how you feel....im in the same boat

• Edited

I agree, what an absolutely ignorant reply. Obviously I'm on this page because I'm thinking about killing myself. And its responses like the one about, why would a beautiful girl want to kill themselves, that just further cement my desire to leave this planet. As if looks, opportunity, or any other external thing had anything to do with internal suffering. I'm tired of living every day with my suffering, and failure and worthlessness. I'm human garbage and can't wait until I'm dead.

• Edited

you are not garbage, please share your suicidal feelings with family, friends and/ or A and E and your gp. take care my lovely, i wish the best for you xx

• Edited

Thank you, although i am pretty certain I am garbage. I've been talking to doctors and therapists for years. I'm just not cut out for life. I'm a failure, completely and totally. I'm hoping to end my suffering some time in the next few days. I'm ready for it to all be over. I pray every night that I don't wake up tomorrow. I've told all the friends and family I can. They ate convinced I won't do it. They just give me the old "Everything is gonna be fine". But it isn't fine, hasnt been fine, and shows no signs of becoming fine.

• Edited

I want to smile when I die because I'll finally be experiencing an end to my pain.

• Edited

Hello, i hope you are still here.

Noone is cut out for life really. Life is unfair most of the time, but thats how it is. I am 100% sure you are not garbage and also not a failure. The saying "Everythings gonna be fine" and the "everything happens for a reason" speech sucks ass i knowww. But i started to believe everything does happen for a reason. and i really wanna feel the feeling of happiness again before i die. i got hope it will be better some time. it has to be. The concept of life actually sounds so cool. Please hang in there, i pray that there are better days coming for you, i really do. Life is not fair and its always the good souls that suffer in this life time. And i know this probably wont face you cause who do i think i am and i dont know anything about your life but im so so sure you have people around you that truly care for you!! Hang in there until you see signs of it becoming better

• Edited

agreed its a silly reply but i feel as if it was maybe a reassurance or a compliment just to make the girl feel good about herself and maybe rethink what she may be planning to do. I think it is unfair to attack this advice without knowing the reasoning behind it, If I was feeling suicidal i feel like the idea of someone who doesnt know me paying me compliments online would make me feel quite good about myself

• Edited

i have read through a fair few comments because im feeling a little down and i dont know how to hamdle it, however i feel like your being a bit unfair and pin pointing on the message for no reason. you cant say that someone elses comment makes you further want to do anything because they may not have meant to hurt anyone and we are all on this group for a reason, god forbid something did happen and its making them feel like they had a part in it. its just not fair!

• Edited

i feel you i see how people treat me, i'm not worthy to be in this place. i cannot wait to go

• Edited

You're not garbage. I really hope you're still around. There are people out there that value you and would be devastated of you went. I feel my life is a total f**k up and I think of suicide on a minute by minute basis. I'm trying to hold back, hoping circumstances or my mood changes. I don't want to contribute to the misery of others, which is probably the main reason (apart from my cowardice) that I don't go through with my suicidal thoughts. I went through this before, didn't act on my impulses, and had some good years afterwards. I'm hoping the same thing might happen now. Please just delay, delay, delay, and maybe your mindset will be different.

I wish you all the best.

• Edited

same here...therapists, psychiatrists and meds yet still failing........“God is a mean kid sitting on an anthill with a magnifying glass, and I'm the ant. He could fix my life in five minutes if He wanted to, but He'd rather burn off my feelers and watch me squirm.”

JIM CARREY - Bruce Nolan

• Posted

same here...therapists, psychiatrists and meds yet still failing........“God is a mean kid sitting on an anthill with a magnifying glass, and I'm the ant. He could fix my life in five minutes if He wanted to, but He'd rather burn off my feelers and watch me squirm.”

JIM CARREY - Bruce Nolan

• Edited

i get where you are coming from and have been there since january but something in the last few weeks made me realize i cant be that mean to myself anymore (like you calling yourself garbage) but i also feel like a failure for not being able to not make myself wake up. vicious cycle. totally sick of hearing things are going to be ok as well and future talk erks me

• Posted

Hey everyone, just randomly typing in Google are thoughts about how you will kill yourself normal . obviously it ain't but I wanna just know if other people think this way aswell so I feel normal lol.

I can understand everyone here that feels life just, life it's self makes you wanna die THEN adding on friends, family, relationships that just turns it up a notch.

Anyone know what I should do, I've been trying to distract myself but some moments I just day dream and plan exactly how I can die, I plan what if this happens or this happens and I don't die. Then I get freaked out and come out my day dream it's been happening for the past couple weeks now.

love,

J

• Posted

yea of course because someones beauty has EVERYTHING to do with a womans feelings.... thanks so helpful

• Posted

I can feel you cause I'm living it right now , just empty feeling willing to die praying all night not to wake up in the morning , the word it's going to be fine I just hate it I can't stand hear it beacause nothing is , my life is a failure and I would like to put an end to it soon

• Posted

i really really hope and pray and wish that you are still in this world. please, no matter what, try your best to hold on and keep going. so many people care about you, myself included, though you don't even know me at all. but it's true, no matter how ridiculous it sounds, its true. a world without you sounds and would feel extremely dull and thinking about it, though i don't know you, is heartbreaking. please keep going. you deserve lots of happiness and love and you will find it. you will.

• Edited

i made an account purely to tell you how much of a **** you are, Richard

• Posted

please please please don't. the world isn't going to be fine, not with your loss. please stay strong and keep on going. you matter in this world and please trust me when i say this because it is true. from a person across the globe, i really hope that you're still in this world and i wish you lots of happiness and love because you deserve it.

• Posted

i understand with thoughts like those sometimes that just pop up and are concerning and disturbing. i think what helped me with some of those thoughts were doing something that i loved like drawing or reading or taking walks to get fresh air. thinking about the good things in life too helps. and talking about it with someone can definitely help too. i hope you're okay and staying strong. i wish you the best and lots of happiness.

• Posted

Keep going and fighting. I'm rooting for you and support you.

• Posted

i really hope you're still here on this world. i cannot understand what you are going through but i just want to say that i'm rooting for you and i support you and that i wish for your happiness and love and that you will find it in this life and in this world. please keep on going.

• Posted

i really hope you're still here. i want to say, and believe me when i say that this is from the heart, that you ARE worthy to be in this earth. you are a human being and you deserve to live and you deserve happiness and love. wherever you are, i hope for your safety and happiness. please keep on going.

• Posted

keep going and staying strong! i hope for your safety and health and happiness. i'm rooting for you.

• Posted

i wish for many more good years for you. i hope you're still here and staying strong.

• Posted

omg...i feel the same way. i'm so afraid of not dying. the pain doesn't even matter anymore. i just want to go. like now. today. i planned something today but I'm not impulsive so i researched on it...turns out the chances of it killing you immediately are very low. liver failure is very high

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.