Took 40 mg of stamvistatin...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was having panic attacks, getting chest pain, stupidly got it into my head it could be cholesterol a statin was suggested to me, so I in a panic fuelled state took one, no one explained any side effects or anything, It wasnt till after I found out this person cramped from them...great.

So I took it 8 am tuesday and around 10 am, I got a cramp in my finger, since then Ive had constant spasms, all around my body tremors, and today Ive been very weak and fatigued took the dog out for a walk and felt like I was going to pass out, problem is, the doctors dont believe its the statin ive had ecg etc done last night and it came back fine but no bloods, they think it will be out of my system by now, yet im still feeling the effects I am even forgetting things and losing my train of thought, Problem is it is constantly being put down to panic by others and it really isnt, Im also dizzy, Im 24 and go to gym regurlarly and  just read about creatinine levels also.

Ive had no bloods done, although they pricked my finger the other night and took a tiny bit of blood but not sure what that was for.

One doctor said, it was good for me the statin, another said its rare it would be effecting you that quick, and at the time iw as more worried about my heart i was just happy to here that was ok, another put the spasms down to anxiety, but i have been getting htem constantly even when not anxious, the other night, my hands kinda went numb and pins a needly, I think some one hd said it feels like theres spiders crawling inmy body and my muscle are tender and sore as if ive been working out when i havent

no one is going to take me serious till i pass out or something, but how long can this last? seriously?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Are you seriously telling us that a doctor prescribed statins for panic attacks???  Without a cholesterol test?

I find it very hard to believe that you experienced statin side effects 2 hours after taking the first tablet:   I know many people who've been on statins, including myself, and it takes a while for the statins to build up enough in the body to produce negative effects.

I'm sorry if this sounds blunt, but your problems sound psychological rather than anything to do with statins so it would be better to address that, as well as stopping the statins

Good luck

• Posted

this is the problem im getting is that nobody believes its the statin then why are my muscles sore? why constant spasms? dizzyness when im not anxious and completely calm,can you give me an idea when these effects will stop its been two days now....
    • Posted

Am I getting this right your only 23 on the strongest statins because why??? A prick finger test is unreliable ask to have full bloods taken chuck the statins in the bin as I understand it statins are only any good if you have had a heart attack. I did take statins and had the same symptoms the feeling of death confused stiff joints stop taking them and see your systems disappear

• Posted

Statins ARE NOT for only after a heart attack!  They're to lower cholesterol which can lead to heart attacks and strokes and are often prescribed to people who've had niether of thos conditions.
  • Posted

Hi, you poor thing, you are going through it, first, the prick on your finger is to find out your sugar level, if after reading it and they didn't come back as a high number, I believe it is usually between 4 to 11, if its over that then they might consider a possibility of diabetes. How many of the statins did you take and for how long? I took them for 6 months and then stopped, the Doc reckons it takes 3 months for them to get fully out of your system. But definitely try not to worry too much as that will make you more sensitive.  good luck.
    • Posted

she  said she took one dose and developed negative effects 2 hours later, which I don't think is possible, also that she thought she had high cholesterol, which of course has no symptoms, so the doctors gave her statins

• Posted

Hmm, something doesn't ring true, I was given statins when they diagnosed Atheroma, during the 6 months of taking them thats when I had detrimental effects from them, so now don't take them. never had a heart attack, Yet,
    • Posted

You don't have to have HAD  heart attack to take statins for high cholesterol, although they are prescribed routinely AFTER a heart attack whether or not you have high cholesterol.

The issues are to what extent high cholesterol cause heart attacks - most research says it does - and whether the negative effects are worth putting up with to keep your cholesterol levels down.

• Posted

Toay this has continued now experience hot flushes , i think it is an adverse reaction i also had took some oxandrolone maybe about a week or so ago and had been taking it intermittently, the statin was suggested to me by my grandad, i said im worried i have high cholestorol i was gettin chest pain which was told was muscular but still worried and he said you could have one of my statins. Im really weak and cant really stand up without feeling ill?, No one is taking me seriously though dont know how bad this is? im ok lying down still get hot and spasms though aswell as a real tension headache like the spasms in my muscles.

I took one statin yes, but I can guarantee you that this is not the affects of panic, Im completely calm and I am not well, I did get cramp 2-3 hours after in one finger, I dont know how I can stress this enough, If I dont how can i get help? if the symptoms are dismissed, I fear thats all that im going to get.

Yes i am very irresponsible please spare me the lecture, I wont be doing it all again, but right now i am suffering and im even gettin worse chest pains at times, Off one statin when will these effects leave please? 

• Posted

Your grandfather shouldn't be giving you medical advice unless he's a doctor!  High cholesterol HAS NO SYMPTOMS.  DON'T TAKE OTHER PEOPLE'S MEDICATION!!!!

You're on the internet:  if you'd checked you would've seen that statins can interact with oxandrolone.

• Posted

just need  to pull you up on that jude the symptoms are white spot around the eye area swollen joints ankles fingers 
    • Posted

Well I never had any of those symptoms with high cholesterol and neither has anyone I know.  Everything I've learned says that's the danger, no-one knows they have high cholesterol until they either have the relevant blood test or experience a heart attack or stroke.
  • Posted

so thats gret advice chastising someone, im fully aware of that now but i told a doc t a and e and he wasnt concerned so u still havent answered my question you arre just havin a go...
    • Posted

No I"m not having a go at you, I don't know what your current symptoms mean, I'm not a doctor, but I would've thought the information that statins can interact with the other medication was useful to you and may explain what's going on.

If you didn't tell the doctor about the other medication I suggest you do so now, but I still think you would not get such symptoms from ONE dose of a statin

• Posted

thanks for tht, but when you said interct can u link me to what that will do pleaase? coz i cant find it anywhere...and i did tell doc and im certain it is off the statin it cnt be anythin else,cn u answer me when the statin will be out of my system please?
    • Posted

Josh, I don't know the answer to your question and I repeat that I don't think one dose would affect you so much.

I googled the name of your other medication and references to possible interations with statins is mentioned in quite a few entries.  I see that it's to put on weight:  is that another of your health issues?

We're not allowed to post links on this forum, but if you look you'll find it - good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.