Took 40 mg of stamvistatin...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was having panic attacks, getting chest pain, stupidly got it into my head it could be cholesterol a statin was suggested to me, so I in a panic fuelled state took one, no one explained any side effects or anything, It wasnt till after I found out this person cramped from them...great.

So I took it 8 am tuesday and around 10 am, I got a cramp in my finger, since then Ive had constant spasms, all around my body tremors, and today Ive been very weak and fatigued took the dog out for a walk and felt like I was going to pass out, problem is, the doctors dont believe its the statin ive had ecg etc done last night and it came back fine but no bloods, they think it will be out of my system by now, yet im still feeling the effects I am even forgetting things and losing my train of thought, Problem is it is constantly being put down to panic by others and it really isnt, Im also dizzy, Im 24 and go to gym regurlarly and  just read about creatinine levels also.

Ive had no bloods done, although they pricked my finger the other night and took a tiny bit of blood but not sure what that was for.

One doctor said, it was good for me the statin, another said its rare it would be effecting you that quick, and at the time iw as more worried about my heart i was just happy to here that was ok, another put the spasms down to anxiety, but i have been getting htem constantly even when not anxious, the other night, my hands kinda went numb and pins a needly, I think some one hd said it feels like theres spiders crawling inmy body and my muscle are tender and sore as if ive been working out when i havent

no one is going to take me serious till i pass out or something, but how long can this last? seriously?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes well, I was taking oxandrolone, as a steroid for the gym, 50mg, so it is no slight dose, but only maybe 3 tablets two - three weeks ago, not a dose a doc would prescribe and no I wont be taking anymore, so please dont berate me but i was not lead to believe a statin was in anyway dangerous, I figured my 78 year old grandad takes one how bad can it be. I understand you dont think that it is effecting me but it really is, Im sweating and can barely walk down stairs and back without feeling faint and disorientated. Im so frustrated because I have just read the half life of simvastatin is 3 hours, so this drug is well out of my system and yet these effects seem to be getting worse now Im getting hot flushes and having difficulty gripping things without sort of them slipping, i feel very weak, i havent got brown urine but id definitely say this is myopathy, but no one will take me seriously and Im not sure I can make it out of the house, I keep hoping that my symptoms will get better tomorrow but its been 4 days now.
    • Posted

You have a medical issue which almost 100% certainly has nothing to do with statins.  It sounds as if you have a bad dose of the flu or something similar.

Start again with a doctor and describe your symptoms without reference to the 1 dose of statin.   

• Posted

just to update, my energy hasnt returned to me, kidney pain, constipation and diarreah simultaneously now going for blood tests, fever and headaches........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.