Toppings for ryvitia or rice cakes - suggestions please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, 

just wanting a varied selection of what you are Putting on your rice cakes or ryvita? 

The loverly britney just shared a  houmous recipe, so will be making that. But want a mix up so not feeling like I'm eating the same ole stuff 

Any other suggestions please. 

Thanks 😉😉

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I normally put chicken with sliced cucumber and tomatoes with reduced fat cheese spread or philly but nt sure if that will b ok 2 eat. I am only on day 4 so not really experimented yet x
    • Posted

Hi Clare, chicken and cucumber sounds nice. I stopped eating ryvita as I couldn't have my fav, cheese with caramelised  onion relish lol but gong to get back on them, minus the chees of course. 

Didn't thinkphilly came into the mix, you can have laughing cow light but thought all others were out. Your lucky you not had any oil. As I'm going to be on the tabs for the rest of year I suspect,  I need variety. 

I got 5st to lose. Xx 

• Posted

Keep up your healthy eating! And the pounds will soooooooon roll off!!!!!i have3 stone to healthy eat my way too!!!!!best do a day at a time!!one of my fav sayings!!!it seems to work for me!!!!ii have gone down from 89.9 kg to 82kg. T loss of almost 8kg!!translate into bags of potatoes.  4 bags of 5lb potatoes!!!wow!!!all off my tummy I think! ,one of the guys for every 2lb she loses buys a bag of sugar. And is collecting it!  I think that is an excellent choice !!!!for her!!!ME  not for me because I'd want to eat the sugar!!!!which is one of the things I have cut out on !! On my healthy EATING!!!!biggrin
    • Posted

Mmmmmclare!!!get trying some of the suggestions!!!!remember variety is the spice of HEALTHY eating!!!!i like to call my dieting this because I feel so much pressure when I say I Amon a diet!!!!!!!healthy eating sounds so much better!!!!makes me feel Gooooooodbiggrin
    • Posted

Hi

Yes I totally understand what you say, when you say diet, you want everything. I'm calling it clean living. Sounds like your doing the right thing for your body. 

You have done amazing with with your weight loss - well done xx 

• Posted

Thank you for your praise!!!!it does me the world of good and encourages me to keep it up!!! I like also to use little sayings eg.  Yesterday I was clever!!!!!so I wanted to change the world!!!TO DAY I am wise!  So I am changing MYSELF!!!!!!!!xxbiggrin
  • Posted

Thanks hun i didnt no all cheeses were out. Iv not really had anything that i think will affect me in that way lol. I love caramelised onion its lush 😄 x
    • Posted

Oooo just read britneys post - maybe Philly is ok. It's just learning as you go along and each time you go shopping it's like oooooo I can eat this, nice one. 

I love spaqutti hoops lol - the child side in me and I was pleased when I saw I can still eat them looool 

Will look at Philly on my next trip now,  xx

• Posted

Oh yeah you can eat all those tinned spaghetti hoops etc no problem although they aren't as nice as they were years ago the sauce is like water now. x
  • Posted

Only me lol

I have cottage cheese either on it's own or with diced tomato cucumber/spring onion/or red onion or just the salad mentioned.

caramelised onion chutney from sainsburys

When i ate meat i used to top with chicken fillet pieces you know the pre cooked ones with houmous or the above stuff and sweet chili sauce now i use quorn tikka fillets

beetroot

tuna if you eat it mix with sweetcorn and add cucumber

laughing cow and salad mix

i believe phildelphia now does a lightest light one you could try that

quorn 'ham' or quorn 'beef'

tomato on its own with black pepper

pickle with ham or whatever you fancy

i like them plain out of the packet

Black pepper Ryvita are nice they do a fruit crunch variety too

If you mix other things into the basic houmous mix them you could have a different spread for the ryvita x

• Posted

I knew you would have mega suggestions looool 

I must look at thequorn properly. I have a peek at the sausages but they were to high in fat if I recall. 

I don't know what you do as a full time job, but think I've a replacement for you if you want it loooool 

We can hire you for a few days as each person begins orlistat and you can guide us and take us shopping.  Looooool xx 

• Posted

@collette my job is on my blog profile lol i'm self employed in property i work with my OH

The frozen quorn sauasges are fine not the fresh ones, the frozen lower fat quorn ones are REALLY nice as are the filletts but be careful as some people cannot eat quorn if you read the back of the packet as they can cause severe stomach ache i'm ok with it.

Lol that's fine but have you seen my fees hahah :P x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.