Toral knee replacement

Posted , 14 users are following.

I tried going Christmas shopping and made it too 2 stores and the pain set in I had to go out and sit in my car. Will this get better and when. I go see my doctor on the 20th for my 4 month check up. I wish I never had this surgery.

2 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I experienced the same I had my op on 6/10/16. My knee was so tight and it would not bend so I gave up shopping and had to retire back to the hotel I had booked for the weekend shopping break for me and my husband but went home the next morning. 

i am having problems sitting for a while so I cannot get back to work yet as I am an office worker but despite my worries the physiotherapist has said I am doing well.

i hate to think other folk are having problems as well but it is good to know I'm not on my own. 

heres  hoping in the next few months we will improve by having less pain and our recovery will be swift.

• Posted

Hi Janice

I was the same as you I had my op July 12, the pain swelling and stiffness only really changed after 10 to 12 weeks.

It's a horrible experience for which we all hope long term will be for less pain.

I hope the New Year brings less pain and stiffness.

I never did the exercises as it gave me too much pain, but from something around 8 weeks I was working in my garden, but each night spent an hour in a hot bath, then icing through the night, I stopped icing at 12 weeks and I am still taking hot baths.

Good healing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.