Total abdo hysterectomy tomorrow

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi ladies i am booked in for full abdomen hysterectomy tomorrow. This is the 4th time i have been booked in, last 3 opps got cancelled due to bed crisis. Im so bloody nervous again i really hope they dont cancel again😢 my nerves cant take much more to be honest X

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lynn. 

Thank you for replying. I’m so sorry for you. I’m feel 😢 reading your situation.

Lynn. May I inquire to what ‘bed crisis’ are you referring to?

• Posted

Hi Lynn

I feel your pain, I had mine cancelled 3 times but I eventually got in on Thursday for a total so I am 4 days post op.  I was also terrified but the surgeon was lovely and it all went very smoothly. I came home on Saturday night so only in for 2 nights and am currently convalescing at home. Still on pain killers obviously but fairly comfortable, not doing too much just wandering about the house.  One thing I have found is my belly needs support, I have a six inch scar along my bikini line, so I have bought a support band which should arrive tomorrow which will hopefully make it more comfortable.  Please give me a shout if you want to ask anything as I’m only a few days in front of you, we can give each other tips and advice.

Good luck 

xx

• Posted

Hi hope your recovery is good and you feel well in your self soon,lm having the same but waiting for my date so taking tips from here,l use the belly support where do l get one ? lm in the uk , take care hgs xx
    • Posted

I’ve bought one off Amazon called the postpartum recovery belt. It seemed to be the one with the best reviews without spending a fortune. I let you know after tomorrow 😀

• Posted

Thanks l use Amazon so l take a look one again all the best hugs xx
    • Posted

Hi sarah thanks for reply hun. Hope your doing okay 👌 I hope i am only in a couple of days thats if it goes ahead. Im sure i will be asking you lots. Hows the pain cos this is really worrying me xxxx

• Posted

Not as bad as I thought, on Morphine self administer for 48 hrs, then I’ve just been on paracetamol and codine, I do try and take them every 4 hours as if I go over a bit the pain does kick in a little then your on catch up.  But easily manageable, just remember not to do anything strenuous or any lifting and get plenty of rest if you need it I find I get tired very easily. Xxx
    • Posted

Hi Sarah.

This is another issue that I’m dealing with. My belly is incredibly swollen and feels as though it’s hanging. You mentioned the support band. I’m not having much comfort with contouring underpants. The support band that your speaking of, is it a full band covering the entire area from upper waist to under the incision? I’m a Latina, and wondering if it what we refer to as a ‘faja’. 

• Posted

I'm glad the surgery wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.  Remember that outer stitches take up to 6 weeks to heal.  But internally, it may take as much as 6 months.  So, don't overdo it--and give yourself enough time to heal, and heal well.  xx

• Posted

Hi Hot, yes mine is the same swollen and hanging, I’m having to support my belly whilst I’m moving about.  This one covers the whole area from the incision to under the boobs and appears to come in 3 parts but the reviews are so much better on this particular one than any other I have reasearched, it was £24 to get it on a next day delivery so not massively expensive either.  Hope that helps. Xxx

• Posted

Faja, yes that sounds about right. I wear a abdominal binder... aka “faja”. Stay strong 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.