Total knee replacement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi anyone I had a tkr on the 27 November 2017 so I am 12 weeks in to recovery. I'm getting really bad pain at the top of my tibia just under the knee. Is anybody experiencing the same thing. It's really getting me down. Also the ligaments at the back of my knee seem to give way sometimes. Any reassurance would be grateful.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

sometimes a couple of  particular strengthening exercises helped as seemed free up stiffness and pain.Hurts when doing them but afterwards I could usually feel intense relief. etc.

one was lying on stomach one bed or floor- and a band/tie around ankle-- and I would use both hands behind my back to pull back the loop (which is stretching my knee back up to as close towards buttock as I can.That would hurt.Anyway,I would hold for a few seconds- than repeat -at least 4 times.

Another one on stairs.Place damaged leg/knee a few steps higher-- thank other leg- and push down on thigh on damaged leg and stretch and hold.

(do you understand)-as I am no expert at explanations,but I am sure this exercise was one of first you would have been given?

Lie flat on bed or floor and good leg with knee raised but heel  resting.

Bad knee side--Then push/stretch  down on knee area as low as can go.Stretch it down as low as possible for a few seconds.repeat.

Push your hand  down on thigh area if helps to lower back of knee.

Repeat-

Is there clarity there? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.