Total knee replacement operation

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had my operation on 11th April. I did spectacularly well after the operation and passed my post op checkup with flying colours. I'm not doing so well now, 14 weeks after my operation. I think I overdid things by walking a total of 7 miles in one day 3 weeks ago. I've not been right since. Pain and stiffness. I'm sure I've damaged the replacement but the physiotherapy department at the hospital I'm under assure me that this will not be the case. Any ideas anyone?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

fell down the last three stairs in my house after 6 weeks after total knee replacement. my foot touched my backside, not a good thing after just 6 weeks. couldnt feel my knee for the rest of the day and over night. next morning phoned 111 and was told to go to my local A@E, did so and they xrayed my knee and told me that my implants were all ok, it was just enflamed the muscle around the knee. its starting to settle down now

• Posted

Glad that the inflammation is settling down. It must have been extremely worrying when that happened.

• Posted

it wasn't, that's the thing. I have since had my left knee done and it was the total opposite pain and swelling wise!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.