total knee replacement pai

Posted , 15 users are following.

On july 27, 2016, i had a total knee replacement and its been a nightmare. Operated Wednesday, Thursday started therapy, fri i couldn't even lift my leg. Went home Fri, had home therapy Saturday. Pain still at a 10. This continued for 2 weeks. Then it was out patient therapy. 1 month later, knee was worse. Now i got swelling, csnt bend and does not get straight. Stopped pt,. THEN MANIPULATION! !!. Holy smoke. That was on a Monday. At 3:31am, i thought i was giving birth, and im a guy. Pain just hit me. Tears came to my eyes . I really have much more respect for women cause i know this does not compare but for a man, it was MY giving birth. Started pt again, 2 weeks in, i still can't sleep cause of pain. Its 1:30am now. I can't take it anymore. Tired of pills, not eating, miserable, stuck in house. Any tips s on how to deal with this pain? No more pills please.

1 like, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow, your telling my story. Don't have suggestions, but I really feel for you. It has totally changed my way of life and not for the better. Everytime i stand for a while or drive for a while my knee really swells. I do really light pt and knee hurts badly Please stay in touch with me. If you would like to talk on phone my number is 734 657 7143 I live in Michigan .

• Posted

Pat....where in MI. My kids lived up there for a number of years and my ex daughter in law relocated back there a couple o years ago.
    • Posted

Sorry, wrong message.
    • Posted

Thank you. Tomorrow I see doc andvwill share what goes on. Good to talk with someone who understand the situation and not say man up. Expect a call tomorrow
    • Posted

Many times I've said friends and family can be either great support or the worlds biggest pains in the a** when it comes to knee rehab. They only know what they read and think anyone that isn't back in full stride at 6 weeks is either week or not putting any effort into rehab. I've had to just tell a couple of people to f*** off and just leave me alone permanently. I had enough aggravation without their stupidity. I can take ribbing and humor with the best of em but for someone use my unbelievable pain as the are for humor just doesn't cut it. That's one great thing about this site, everyone but the Dr's & physical therapists have been through it at least once. We all just got to keep on keeping on.

• Posted

So true!!!! Well said. Here's something else, they make comments like, always sitting on sofa, or grass needs cutting, or someone they know knows somebody who is fine after their tkr. When you get upset and say something, all the sudden is the pills making you cranky

• Posted

Right? What is wrong with people!! I've been lucky that my family has been supportive. Live with my husband and 2 grown sons back home temporarily. They've been very understanding and could care less if stuff gets done around the house. I on the other hand keep pushing myself. Sometimes were our own worst enemy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.