Total Knee Replacement Referral

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've just returned from my doctor after an appointment to review my knee x ray they've come back as moderate to severe arthritis and my doctor has now filed the referral to hospital for knee replacement. He has upped my pain relief but has said I could wait up to 18 weeks for an appointment with Wirral NHS still things are finally moving

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The waiting is the worst part. You just want to get it over and done with so you can get on with life. I waited 12 months to see the surgeon and finally on the list for tkr which will be a further six months. My xray shows bone on bone, no wonder the pain!! The cogs of the wheels turn very slowly in Qld Australia. 
  • Posted

Update to my original post have received a letter from GP today to say my referral been marked urgent and I should receive my initial appointment with consultant by 2nd November. Routine appts now 22 week wait.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.