Total knee replacement surgey

Posted , 17 users are following.

it's 3 months since my Tkr it's been a gruelling time and harder than I expected ive been back at work for the past 2 weeks , but I am always tired I don't want to do anything or go anywhere even the shops I find it tiring , I can't do the stairs yet but working on it , Think today has hit me hard and I feel so depressed and have been crying , I know it takes time by reading other people's posts but I think it's because I'm mainly on my own I'm feeling this way , it's like my life has come to a stop. Walking isn't so bad although I need a stick , I don't use it in the house . So it's May bank holiday Monday im sitting in too tired to get ready to go out and hope to find comfort in others going through the same 

3 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Angela, we all have our up days and down days, I don't think I have ever been so emotional in my life. Being on your own isn't easy, I have my daughter living with me but she is the most unsympathetic person on the planet, that some days I wish I could just be alone in my own misery. I am only 8 weeks post op so I have no plans on returning to work just yet. My recovery has been slow, little bend etc. but today I have had two accomplishments, I lifted my leg without a prop and drove my car, it was brilliant. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow to see if I need a further procedure to help with the bend but today I feel on top of the world. Try to take it one day at a time, you never know what might be round the corner.
    • Posted

carol , I too have a daughter at home,,,,who is hardly ever here , so I feel as if I am on my own , so can relate to you , good luck to you too smile 
  • Posted

Hi Angela, there's nothing worse than feeling so down and exhausted, and knowing you should be looking after yourself more, but not being able to find the energy or motivation. So much harder when you're on your own.

You definitely need to talk to your GP, and don't hold back. A GP can certainly help once they know exactly how you're feeling. Does your local community centre have some kind of support group? If not, they may be able to put you in touch with someone. And don't worry about crying, there's no rule that says you have to tough it out, besides, who's to know?

If you can, try to use the rest of the day to pamper yourself. Make sure you eat well, massage both legs (use something that smells gorgeous), tell yourself that you don't have to do anything today unless you want to. There's already enough pressure in going to work and excercising and coping with a tkr without adding to it.  Vit D can sometimes be a help. Tomorrow, phone your GP.

It will get easier, Angela, but in the meantime, be kind to yourself. We're all thinking of you.

Denise from Oz

• Posted

thankyou Denise for your words of support , I've got physio today and already feeling very whingy before I go , forums are great so we can support each other and everyone including you has been so kind smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.