Total Knee Replacement_7 months on

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had a total knee replacement and can't straighten my knee no matter how much physio I do, it's about 10 degrees off straight.

I have lost patience with my surgeon, he says my knee may stay that way forever!

I think I have Arthrofibrosis?

I have read earlier forums and MUA and Lysis of Adhesion surgery have been mentioned.

Should I wait 12 months before asking about Lysis of Adhesion surgery?

My knee is stiff and still slighty swollen, I can bend it to about 80 to 85 degrees.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

#3 will get you straight. If not, see your doc about a manipulation. If you see no improvement with this exercise in say 10 days, see your doc...

ROM Work At Home

• Posted

no matter what exercise I do the knee only bends 80 to 85 degrees and is 10 degrees off straight.

The muscle above the knee had cartilage splinters embeded in it so they were removed, the muscle above my knee is still recovering, I am guessing this is why my knee won't straighten?

• Posted

no matter what exercise I do the knee only bends 80 to 85 degrees and is 10 degrees off straight.

The muscle above the knee had cartilage splinters embeded in it so they were removed, the muscle above my knee is still recovering, I am guessing this is why my knee won't straighten?

• Posted

keep working at it i have has right done and it was hard but you have to keep working it make been 7 month it not heal yet

• Posted

i just has my left knee done i has my right one done 4 year it did not hurt as much as the left the left give me the blues

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.