Totally fedup!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all. I just received a phonecall from my gynae clinic. My date for admittance in Feb has been cancelled! Consultant not available, gone away for several months. I now have to wait until another consultant can be found to take over the list. sad Wonderful Christmas, mostly visiting "Looe" for number 2 I think. twisted I am totally fedup as I was just getting myself in the right frame of mind to go and get sorted. Well these things happen I suppose but........................rolleyes

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Bless you, hopefully they will find another consultant soon finger's crossed for you. xx

• Posted

og that's a bit grim for you - maybe they will bring in somebody else. Sometimes you can go private but on the nhs. Mr Trizz had an operation like this and it was really quick

• Posted

Can't really afford private on a retirement pension. rolleyes Just have to wait it out a bit longer.

• Posted

No I meant sometimes the nhs buy in private treatment to get waiting lists down. This is what happened to Mr Trizz. He had an operation on the nhs but it was done in a private hospital (by the same surgeon) and he was seen quite quickly - he wasn't an urgent case. He didn't pay anything.  Perhaps as your consultant has gone off this is something that may happen. I undrestand the nhs trust get fined if they don't perform to certain levels so that's why I think they sometimes buy in this "private" treatment - it's cheaper than paying the fine.

• Posted

You are right trizwizz. I had my repair at a private hospital on the NHS and Pollyanna's NHS Trust have timescales to adhere to and patients having to wait outside of these timescales cause the Trust to be fined or downgraded when they are inspected. So they will be looking at all options to get the waiting list reduced......quickly.

• Posted

I will just have to wait for the Trust here to decide I suppose. It's early days and as I said to Matron, the poor man may be ill so not his fault. I was just disappointed after making my arrangements for my dog and getting some help from my family. rolleyes

• Posted

It's so difficult isn't it. I had knee surgery a while ago. I carry my own caseload at work so had made many and multiple arangements for what was going to happen while I was off  (about 8 weeks)- it was a complicated business. Went for the pre-op on the Tuesday ready for surgery the following week.had a phone call on the Wednesday to say it was all off. Spent all day Wednsday re-arranging everything. Had another phone call on theThursday to say the surgeon had demanded a theatre and could I go in on the Saturday! So spent all day Thursday putting everything I had unarranged back into place!!!!

At least you will know what you have to arrange when it happens!

• Posted

So sorry to hear you have been cancelled, it's so frustrating!

I do hope they get alternative consultant organised very soon.

Lots of hugs Pollyanna,

Phyllis x💖

• Posted

Hi Pollyanna,

I hope you still manage to get a consultant who can do your op using non-synthetic mesh.

Was talking to a lady the other day who said her daughter is heading research team for UK into the use of the mesh , her daughter had repair surgery over 10 years ago using cheap synthetic mesh purchased abroad ( and it wasn't right ), she is now left badly damaged and in a wheel chair. She said the surgery can last 10 years before things start going wrong!

I think you are right to fight for non synthetic mesh. I know matron has said that they have now sorted the mesh problem and only urogynocologists specially trained can do these ops now; but I must admit if I ever have to use mesh I would not want the synthetic kind.

Phyl x💖

• Posted

You are correct phyl. The number of urogynaecologists able to perform surgery using mesh has be reduced so that it can be closely monitored. Health Trusts that use mesh are supposed to say so on their website. It is very closely monitored now but I am aware of all the problems in the early days but the mesh used is different as you rightly said. x
    • Posted

Hi Matron,

Will be keeping my ears opened with regards to how it all goes for future reference; I was told when I went for 1st repair that the mesh was a last resort and they would try everything else first.

Anyway hoping this recent repair lasts till retirement.

Phyl x☺

• Posted

It will last long into retirement I'm sure phyl x

• Posted

Some days I think 'I think everything feels great and could just about do anything' while other days I'm sore, it's dragging and feels irritated and need to rest, and think I'll be lucky if it last for 2-3 years. Hoping it is just the scar tissue and I'm just being paranoid.

Will be doing my first overtime at 'New year, so slready spoke to team leader and been reassured that they will keep my shifts short and make sure I get seat at the checkout. So all good.

Phyl x?

• Posted

Hi Phyl. He's agreed not to use any mesh but was going to do the SSF, just using stitches. Hope the new one agrees! As Matron said, only certain consultants use mesh anyway now and my objection was an allergy to polyester not the mesh itself. Thanks to you all for your good wishes and concern. Love Poll smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.