Totally had enough of this!!

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am seriously fed up with these never ending symptoms that seem to change from day to day at times! Just as one subsides another pops up! I have never been anxious in the past but now am suffering from awful health anxiety because of all these symptoms. I seem to have begun this rollercoaster of misery 6 years ago.....HOW MUCH LONGER????!!!!!

I sometimes sit and cry and think I can't do many more days like this.

I only carry on for my lovely children.

I was once a happy outgoing sociable soul but now spend most of my life holed up at home avoiding social situations as I never know how ill Im going to feel.

Every twinge has me googling and worrying even more.

Ive had enough of this!

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sarah I'm 51 and feel exactly the same the symptoms are never ending something new every day so fed up of it all I also have two teenage sons who I adore but I'm sick of having to put a brace face on all the time at home and work when really all I want to do is lock myself away I too have really bad health anxiety try not to google things it's the worse 😉It does help to chat to other amazing ladies on here to know we are not alone by the way I don't take anything either it is really hard 😘X

• Posted

Thanks nanette, its so hard trying to function as a normal person when getting through each day is so hard. My partner doesnt know what to say or do so just acts normally like nothing is wrong whilst Im screaming inside x
  • Posted

Hi Sarah 

I have all those symptoms . The anxiety for the last 9 years omg.this is the first year I had a family holiday . In our own country mind u. In 9 years and I'm 44.  My dr wouldn't here if it that it might be premenopausal ,said I'm to young .  I the pains in every part of my body unreal.    Heavy / light long short periods . 

But at the minute and for the last at least 3 years I just can't get my. Rain go focus especially when it comes to finances . Or computers.  And I was always a lover of video editing . But even to try sort my bills it's just a mess . I can't focus . The o my time that I get a day that I can focus seeems too be a day or 2 before my periods.  

So it's obviously hormonal driven.     Do u have this problem

Too.  Or any one else

• Posted

Michelle, I tbink Ive had everyone of the 66 symptoms and then some more.

I often struggle to say the right word when talking and feel 'foggy brained' . And as for the anxiety...well all the symptoms that go with anxiety on top of the perimenopausal symptoms is a usual and regular occurence for me. The panic attacks are scary and never know when they will strike so I avoid going out socially these days. I have read loads and loads about all this stuff its such a pity that doctors arent more clued up on this subject , because at first mine said I was too young and then suggested I go on Prozac! It helps to know others know how I feel . Take care x

• Posted

I cut out hoclates and sugar stuf out of my diet and my energy levels bounced. Back. And my anxiety has dropped dramatically.   Sugar definitely. Fuels anxiety .    I was afraid to be home alone . I wouldn't eat if I was alone . I was afraid to go walking alone. Omg . I thought I was going to have a nervous break down.   And would not go anywhere that was more than ten minutes drive from the hospital.   I am not near as bad now.   Thank god. But the week b4 periods or when I get tired I get very anxious and edgy and nervous.   So it's all hormonal. Even if my dr refuses to admit. And it's a lady dr that I would say is in her early 5o s so what the hell like.     And she does menopause appointments and blood works etc.   But told me not to bother. 😫😫😫😫

• Posted

I'm right there with you, Sarah. I'm 47 and this all started for me right around age 40. The "weird" symptoms that could never be explained, and no test could ever uncover a cause. I eventually became hesitant to go to my doctor as I couldn't admit to yet another terrible symptoms or bizarre ailment. I've had small reprieves in the recent year but I began a new spell of symptoms recently and I am trying not to feel too anxious that it's all starting up with a vengeance again!

New tests on the horizon for me are a cystoscopy & a 6 month repeat breast ultrasound due to suspicious lump. I felt a little better for awhile there, less headaches and head/neck pressure, less anxiety and generally a little more like me again. Now it seems I'm having a flare up of symptoms and it's often not fathomable how many issues can be affecting me all at once. Even as I lie here typing, my tinnitus is off the charts, the headache will be with me through the night and I've just started lightly bleeding/passing bloody tissue, just

5 days after my period ended.

Yesterday I had a massage and it must have triggered my nervous system as I had a terrible feeling that I was having a heart attack in the night. Nerve pain radiating down my left arm and up into my shoulder where I had been worked on. A overall general doom and gloom feeling washing over me like this could very well be the end. I had these episodes before in the past years so I rode it out with a meditation app on while I monitored it easing, but I cannot go to the emergency with these anymore as it's too embarrassing to go, and then get dishcharged after the episode is over. Obviously an episode, but more of a system fritz out than anything tangibly dire that doctors can help fix. *Sigh*

So I digress, as it's hard not to get carried away with talking about all of the strange things going on (usually because they are hard to fully comprehend & I am one who feels like there should be a solid explanation for things). I want to acknowledge your struggles over the past 6-7 years, as I understand the exhaustion of just how long this has been going on. I have many friends who have hot flashes and forgetfulness. I would take that in a heartbeat. I don't know anyone personally who has had as many bizarre & frightening symptoms as I have had. I am always astounded when I look back and go over them all in my mind. 

I try to look forward, try to be positive, try to believe that everything will be okay, but it gets hard to stay in that mindset when the going gets rough again.

All the best to you and I hope that we can both look forward to an easier go of things soon! 

• Posted

Jenni you could be my twin.... Im the same i have many friends myvage or thereabouts yet nobody seems to have all these symptoms like I do and they are endless!! If i ever get a 'normal ish' day I think ' could i be normal once again?' But that feeling is soon surpassed by feeling unwell again.

I think to myself everyday ' maybe one day Im just not going to wake up' and it turned out i did have a terrible disease after all....mentally all i think about is if i can survive another day.

Much love to you, you really are not alone x

• Posted

It's so strange, isn't it? I have been constantly telling myself that "this isn't deadly and you're wasting time worrying". I can believe this on GOOD days. Or at least I tell myself this and then to not think about it! Then I'll have some dizzy, out of body spells and the worry will creep back in. i think that I have become hyper sensitive to my own system and this isn't helpful when my mind is on high alert. I try to keep my system calm, or as calm as I can! 

Self talk - laughing with friends - gentle walks in beautiful places - meditation app - only CALMING massage therapy sessions (a regular massage therapy session activates my nervous system!) - doing things I enjoy - more self talk, haha - deep belly breaths during the day - and thinking about what I put into my body for food (knowing that when I eat sugar or a bit of caffeine that I might energize the beast). 

It's really helped me having a kinship with other spectacular women who unfortunately are having a terrible time, like myself. Keep your head up too and look for the beauty in every day as much as you can ?? Hopefully our bodies will calm down soon and let us live without so much fear!

• Posted

Hello Sarah I totally feel your pain I too am so fed up with feeling this way. I started in peri in 2013 and went into menopause in May 2015 so not had a period since then. I've never had a full week of feeling normal since then and struggle to get through the day especially at work as I'm still working full time. Like the other ladies I have been through so many test and now have a fear of going to the doctor because they just look at me as if I'm simple and don't know what to do with me. I have terrible problems with sinus headaches and stomach problems, anxiety which I'd not experience prior to this, I don't make plans to go anywhere because I may feel ill. The only place I feel safeis in my home but I'm still working but I don't know how long I can carry on. Do you  find that people/family have stopped asking how you are because hey really don't believe you must still be feeling ill. My sister is 4 years older than me and has never experienced anything like me so she doesn't understand and is leading a normal life. At my age when when kids have left home and we're financially ok I should be enjoying life but no I dread every day. I've not gon on the HRT route as I have so many headaches and from what I've read when you come off it all these symtons will return and I really don't think I'd cope in my older age.  I must say it makes me feel a little better to read all your posts, just knowing that others are feeling the same and I'm not on my own thinking I will die soon. I overthink everything and just wish I could chill out and don't worry about every single thing. Oh dear sorry to go on a bit. Sending Love and a big comforting hugs to all you ladies x

• Posted

Hi like a carbon copy of me I'm 51 and goin through all of this it is really hard I don't take anything but it is a struggle talking to you ladies is a real help 😊

• Posted

Bless you....yes i know where you are coming from! My sister is 10 years older than me and had no symptoms at all! I dont talk to anybody about how I feel anymore because like you said, it all seems a bit far fetched to others that we can feel so ill for so long.

Thanks for sharing your story and sending positive thoughts and a hug your way x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.