tramadol withdrawal from just 150mg a day

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hi! I have been taking tramadol for 6 months I take three 50mg pills a day.  I never knew that I wouldn't be able to stop taking this .  The other day I thought I wold stop taking it and boy did I get sick! After researching  it I realized I was withdrawaling and immediately took a pill and felt better.  My question is how do I taper off of such a small amount ? Has anyone tapered successfully without experiencing  any withdrawl symptoms?  I'm so scared to go through that again but I do not want to be on this anymore!!! Please help!!

3 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi!

Kraytom is the key I've bean of tramadol 4 months

Now this is legal and not expensiv.i don't have

The same connection to this as tramadol.you

Must get rid of the tramadol when on kraytom

Get the powder form this will stop withdrawal.this is the answer I now how it feyals.i no you don't no 

Me but I promise you this will 100persent work.look 

Online.

• Posted

Hi Brandi you just have to persevere. I did it by dropping 50mg at a time and using over the counter painkillers to cope with the headaches eventually it worked. Good luck but take it slowly do not stop taking the 150mg all in one go otherwise you will feel awful and it could possibly be dangerous the above worked for me.
  • Posted

Taper slowly, maybe only reduce the does every 2 to 4 weeks. Once your down to the last 50 you can open the tablet and take half the powder out so that you can take amounts smaller than 50.

The are 2 options that I know of. One is to switch to codiene which does not have the snri affect tramadol has. Wait for the trams snri withdrawal to where off and then taper down the codiene.

Or start an antidepressant while reducing the tramadol. Then when your off the tramadol taper off the antidepressant.

The advantage to these two options is that they allow you to deal with the snri and opiat withdrawal seperatly.

That said Tramadol withdrawel is usually only a week or so for most people.

• Posted

Thanks! I'm going to see the doctor after the new year and discuss those options.  I want to just quit cold turkey and go through it and just be done with it.  Tapering is better I know but while tapering for 4 weeks I still feel yucky everyday so might as well just be off them and feel bad .  I hate thsee pills they have taken overy my life I can't even sleep in and miss a pill I get sick .  This has become too much .  Thanks for all the support my family doesn't understand that I'm not addicted mentally to these pill my body is dependent on them...they think I am a drug addict which puts a lot of pressure on me to get off them as soon as possible! 
    • Posted

Your not on a high dose so going cold turkey may not be so bad but remember you still have a life to get on with and tapering though it prolongs it does help keep the withdrawals to a managable level.
  • Edited

I have gone cold turkey many times because i was phisically and  psycologically addicted to tramadol, I went cold turkey on 400-500 Mg after several months because sometimes i couldent get them. I am two years off now and doing okay.  Its bad coming off but you have to be stong for 5 days if I can do it numerous times you can do it once. You will go to so horrible places emotionally but view it as an education, suffering will make you a stonger person, coming off this stuff will take you to places you never new existed and tto depths of dispair but once off just dont go back its not nice.
  • Posted

hen I went cold turkey, One thing helped me through horrific nights of back ache and restless insomnia. Crazy as it sounds, my wife's giant plastic yoga ball. 

I would kneel on a on a pillow, lean over the ball then rest or gyrate for comfort. Even fell asleep like that for a little. Wasn't a cure but helped enough for me to make it through the night. 

Hope me that helps. 

• Posted

Some doctors still don't believe it but ultram(tramadol) has one of the worst detoxes of any opiate. I was using tramadol daily for three years. I abused it. I found how to order it online and boy was that a mistake. I was going through 90 pills a week. When I ran out of money and sites to order from withdrawal kicked in. Now I have detoxed from herion , oxys, D's, just about any opiate u can name. The worst I have ever went through was methadone. I'm here to tell you tramadol was right there with it. I was sick for two weeks. Even on a taper u are going to get sick. Sorry. No easy way. There is certainly no home recepie. You just have to man up and suffer through. Good luck. You will need it.
  • Posted

I have read a lot about tramadol withdrawal and many that take higher doeses seem to taper fine until that 150 mark then they suffer so maybe that is the problem....the body likes that amount....withdrawal is inevitable. I prefer cold turkey just ot get it over but it lasts longer than the regular narcotics so be prepared for that...still it will get better....yu will be free...then the key is to stay free....something I failed at and am restarting now
  • Posted

Hey I've been on 2-3 50mg tramadol a day for about 8months now due to reactive arthritis. I'm 26 and have a 6 year old child. Currently got week off most things work etc and really want to come off them as I feel I maybe becoming dependent on them. Any advice to help? I'm aware my joints are gonna throb and be so painful but use to that. I need to come off them I'm ready too. Please help!
  • Posted

It is not recormended to go cold turkey. I dropped from 300mg to 0mg in a 1-1/2 months , I had no issues, you may need to go longer, Slow and easy is the best way, you wont miss it.
  • Posted

I recently just quit Tramadol cold turkey 40 days ago. After 5 years of using them my dosage was up to 1000mg a day just to avoid being sick and for it to actually work on the pain I started taking it for in the first place. I've tried to quit a few times but never got past a few days. This time I was just DONE. It wasn't working anymore not too mention I hated the person I had become while taking them.. very introveted, LAZY, and void of any feelings or emotions. Never had an addiction problem before, but I now see that I do. But it CAN be done. The first week was really crappy, 2nd week crappy still but better lol but by the third week I saw an improvement. The only thing I deal with now is lack of energy and some lingering feelings of feeling down in the dumps. I take St. Johns Wort, 5HTP, B12, and VITD3, to avoid the depression that may come after using for so long and then stopping abruptly. Tramadol is very similar to Effexor and I've seen horror stories of people trying to get off of that drug, so I prepared myself for the mental battle. Since you were on it at a low dose for a short period of time your symptoms should be considerably better than mine (I hope so anyways!) and my symptoms aren't all that bad 40 days out. I had NO idea how addicting or life altering this drug could be, neither did my GP. Granted I started to abuse it because with Tramadol, your tolerance increases, fast, and that was my fault. If I were you I'd ask your Dr. the best way to taper off if you can't do cold turkey. Some people feel better if they taper and some say it just prolongs through withdrawals having to drop doses everytime.. whatever works for you to be able to get off this drug I encourage it. It's a beast!! Good luck and just know that it does get better as time goes on!!!
  • Posted

Hi, Just thought I would share my experience.I used Heroin about 15 years ago and put that well behind me. I have recently had a rotator cuff injury  due to work and was prescribed Tramadol. After a couple of months of doing no more than 150mg a day it worked for the pain but i knew i was treading in dodgy waters again.

over 3 weeks i reduced 150......100.....then 50   at a rate of 50 mgs a week.

Exercise was the key . Rowing running cycling ....anything to build up those natural endorphins. For me it wasn't hell, a few headaches..ibuprofen worked well for that, and a couple of sleepness nights.I never post on any social platforms but just wanted to share my experience so other can read this post.

And know that there is light at the end of the tunnel, you are not alone you can come off them . Stay Strong Be positive.

J

• Posted

I have been on 300mg of Tramadol, 4 mersyndol forte and 2 valium a day prescribed by the doctors. the last 7 days i have quit cold Turkey on the tramadol which has been a battle for me. i tried getting off the other two at the same time one day and had a melt down. my head feels like its going a hundred miles per hour and pounding. I busrt into tears for no reason. and my body feels like people have been throwing rocks at me then ran over me with a truck. a little about me, i have 4 buldging dics with a cyst growing around my spine, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and epilepsy on top. my doctor just kept giving me prescriptions for the last 7 years every fortnight. now telling me i take too many, which i agree. so trying to stop one. then once my body can handle being off tramadol slowly back off the other two. my kids are in thier 20's so they are helpful. but my brain says im a disappointment. I hate myself for letting myself and the doctor get me to this point. but reading your stories gives me hope that i can do this. so thankyou..

• Posted

oh and any advice to make this easier would be great x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.